Pristine and transparent low frequency response for your studio!
The KRK 12s Powered Studio Subwoofer is the perfect complement to KRK VXT series, KRK Rokit series, or any other 6-10 inch studio monitor. The KRK 12s sub extends the response of an existing monitor system so that the low-frequency portion of the mix can be engineered. The KRK 12s features the powerful accurate and low distortion sound that is the hallmark of all KRK monitors.
KRK 12s Powered Studio Subwoofer Features
- Curved baffle design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Low distortion 225-watt amplifier
- Front-firing port provides low frequency extension while reducing boundary coupling and the unique shape is optimized to avoid port turbulence
- Bypass footswitch control allows you to defeat the sub and provide full range audio to your recording monitors for use with a standard latching 1/4 inch mono footswitch
- Kevlar 12 inch driver, high excursion woven Kevlar driver cone
- Thermal and overload/clip protection to prevent damage
- Volume control on rear of unit allows a high resolution gain range from -30 dB to +6 dB
- Metal grill is standard to protect the driver from damage
An efficient and low distortion 225-watt amplifier makes the KRK 12s sub perfect for project and professional studio applications that require increased signal pressure. The front-firing bass port and KRK's light weight and high strength Kevlar woofer ensure a dynamic low-end punch. The KRK 12s powered subwoofer has extensive bass management utilizing a full phase adjust and reverse, LFE input capability, Internal and defeatable Limiter, and both balanced and unbalanced inputs. The KRK 12s subwoofer also has an internal crossover which can be switched in and out of the path when muting the sub which allows full range material to be compared with and without subsonic content. A sturdy grill protects the driver cone and adds to the sleek appearance of the unit.
Every studio benefits from the use of a sub to monitor low frequency content. With the prevalent use of home theater systems, as well as commercial systems in clubs and cinemas - production studios require the capability to identify and correct problems such as unwanted low frequency components, exterior noise, microphone rumble and vibrations. The increase of home and project mastering means many potentially great pieces of music are being poorly represented when played back on a larger system. When dealing with subsonic frequencies if they cannot be heard accurately they cannot be mixed accurately. The KRK 12s sub gives you that ability!
For decades, KRK subwoofers have been the choice for high definition low frequency monitoring including some of the most prestigious studios across the world. Now, the KRK 12s provides a larger low frequency driver for enhanced performance that is within the budget of even the most modest home, or project studio. Whether you are mixing in any surround environment (up to 10.2) or just looking to upgrade the low frequency extension of your existing stereo monitors, the KRK 12s powered subwoofer is designed to meet the task.