The KRK RP5G2 Rokit G2 Powered Studio Monitor takes this KRK design to new heights.
All of the great stuff that Rokit’s have been known for including front-firing bass port, soft-domed tweeter, glass aramid composite yellow cone are still there, but the G2 Rokit’s feature refined voicing and a new curved baffle that looks great, reduces diffraction and provides even better monitoring accuracy.
KRK RP5G2 Rokit G2 Features
Even More Accurate Than Before
- Radically curved front plate design virtually eliminates diffraction distortion
- Waveguide design provides amazing detail and imaging
- Front-firing port provides low freq extension without boundary coupling
- New speaker voicing for even more accurate frequency response
- 1-inch Neodymium soft dome tweeter
- Glass Aramid Composite Cone Woofer
KRK engineers and listening panel took the Generation 2 Rokits’ speaker voicing to even more accurate levels. What you hear is what you are intended to hear, coloration is not part of the spec. This performance is brought to you by drivers that are custom-designed by KRK's world-class studio monitor engineering team, for clear, low-distortion performance.
The Recessed tweeters may look the same, but they don't perform the same. KRK has designed a superior tweeter wave guide for the Rokit that provides optimal high frequency pattern control and focuses the sound outward, away from the cabinet. More conventional designs direct sound along the plane of the cabinet where waveform interaction can cause phase problems and increased diffraction. KRK knows a properly engineered high frequency wave guide is a critical component to great sound, and one key to their award winning performance.