- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
The Kurzweil PC3X Performance Controller is the Ultimate Keyboard workstation!
With a sleek new look on the outside, and an arsenal of Kurzweil's latest cutting edge chip technology under its hood, the 88-note PC3X delivers 128 voices of incredible sound quality along with a host of powerful, easy to use features. The PC3X is Kurzweil's ultimate performance controller keyboard, with an enormous collection of stunning sounds combined with comprehensive real-time controller functions.
In addition to our renowned Triple Strike Grand Piano, the PC3X features hundreds of new sounds; basses, drums, guitars, and synths suited for every style and taste, along with a collection of flawless vintage keyboard emulations, KB3 Mode and over 250 orchestral and string section programs.
The PC3X's new Dynamic V.A.S.T. architecture is a huge step forward in synthesis, the fruit of several major strides we've made in improving processing power, flexibility and user-friendliness. Good news for synth enthusiasts - we've seamlessly integrated our legendary VA-1 Virtual Analog Synthesizer into the new system!
For good measure we include an unlimited-track sequencer with 1536 PPQ resolution and more effects processing power than our acclaimed KSP8 processor, making the PC3X a full blown music production workstation. Add in USB, flash xD card port, a newly designed keyboard action, and a new intuitive user interface, and you've got the next generation of Kurzweil instruments.
It's a performance controller. It's a synthesizer. It's a workstation.
One thing which clearly sets Kurzweil apart from the competition is the fact that we design our own chips (called ASICs) for all Kurzweil products. Simply put, our chips are customized for optimum audio performance. What does this mean for the end user? It means that all of the processing power in a Kurzweil chip is devoted exclusively to sound. It means no noticeable latency - the performance is always lightning fast. And most importantly, it translates into that rich, full, glitch-free sound for which Kurzweil has become famous. Yes developing our own chips is more expensive and more time consuming. We think it's well worth it. Once you've heard the PC3X, we think you'll agree.
The Kurzweil Sound:
The PC3X offers an enormous sound set of over 800 programs, raising the bar once again for both audio quality and variety. With the best samples in the industry, and a powerful, responsive synth engine breathing life into them, you'll feel like you're playing an actual instrument, not just playing samples. Of course there's the famous Kurzweil Triple Strike Piano, with dozens of variations to accommodate every kind of player. All of the basic sounds - basses, guitars, drums, horns and synths - have been painstakingly programmed to reflect the needs of today's professional players, representing a broad selection of styles and flavors from the '60s, '70s, '80s, '90s and today.
Also included is our Classic Keys ROM, which puts an impossibly large vintage keyboard rig at your fingertips. These are vintage emulations which actually sound like vintage instruments and classic recordings. The recognizable sounds of those classic electromechanical instruments, with all of their characteristic imperfections, have been faithfully re-created, along with pedals, amps and speakers. Lush Mellotrons, growling electric pianos, and punchy Clavinets are all there at the touch of a button, programmed to sound just like those classic albums.
For more vintage firepower, the PC3X is equipped with the most advanced version of Kurzweil's widely lauded KB3 Mode tonewheel organ simulator, which screams, sputters and sizzles just like the original. In addition to newly developed Leslie effects, and a new bank of B3 programs, we've also included sounds from the classic Vox and Farfisa combo organs. The PC3X's 9 sliders provide real-time drawbar control.
The PC3X offers a full range of world class orchestral sounds, including our new String Section ROM bank, making it ideal for film-scoring and soundtrack projects. Every type of articulation, every nuance has been captured, with samples of full and divisi sections of violins, violas, cellos, and double bass. The details, the warm swells, animated pizzicatos and the sound of scraping rosin all add to the breathtaking effect of these string sections. You can plug and play with sounds worthy of a finished production - instant gratification with uncompromising sound quality.
Kurzweil PC3X 88 Key Controller Keyboard Specifications:
- Keyboard: Next generation, 88-note, fully-weighted hammer-action, with velocity and aftertouch sensitive keys, featuring a quick release spring, striking an ideal balance of playability between piano type parts and synth/organ parts.
- Display: 240 x 64 angled, backlit LCD w/ dedicated back panel brightness and contrast controls.
- Polyphony: 128 Voice Polyphony, dynamically allocated, lightning fast performance.
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Dynamic VAST: Powerful new synthesis engine, with user programmable DSP algs and routing. More DSP power than even our K Series instruments.
- VA1 Inside: Anti-aliasing, power-shaped oscillators and DSP processing from Kurzweil's VA1 prototype synth, capable of delivering authentic analog emulations as well as incredibly complex new sounds.
- Cascade Mode: Lets the user route one layer through the DSP of any other layer within a program - up to 32 consecutive layers deep!
- Software Desktop Editor: Mac and PC platforms
- Factory Presets: Over 850 Stunning New Factory Presets, many of which use 10-20 layers, featuring samples from the PC2 Base Sound ROM, the Orchestral, Classic Keys, General MIDI set, PLUS new String Section ROM Bank. Also, 64 new KB3 programs.
- Factory MIDI Setups: 96 factory programmed MIDI setups. 128 user programmable MIDI setups, each with 16 independent zones, effects and arpeggiator settings.
- General MIDI: Standard
- User Memory: 1024 locations for user created preset programs. 128 locations for user created MIDI Setups.
- Sound ROM Expansion Slots: 2
- Sequencer: Unlimited tracks; 1536 PPQ resolution; features pattern Clips that can be created within a track, and then easily stretched, compressed, copied, repeated and transposed. Song editing functions include step editing, swing, controller scaling and more. Controller chasing and a global set song length functions are also featured.
- Effects: 16 insert effects distributed over 12 busses, plus two auxiliary sends; featuring over 300 of our award winning effects - reverbs, delays, chorus, flange, phaser, EQs, distortions, Leslie simulators, compressors, and more.
- Global EQ: User controllable master EQ section and master compressor for quick adjustments during live performance. (These do not use up the insert effect resources.)
- Controllers: Pitch wheel, modulation wheel, 9 front panel sliders/drawbar controllers, 2 front panel switches (momentary or toggle, software selectable), 3 switch pedal input, 2 continuous control pedal inputs, mono pressure, Super Ribbon input, breath controller input. Controller values can be captured and stored as part of a program.
- Arpeggiator: 16 full-featured independent arpeggiators with multiple latch modes, selectable play order, velocity, duration, tempo, and sync functions as well as pre-recorded beats and musical phrases.
- Analog Outputs: Four 1/4 inch balanced TRS analog (24-bit DACs).
- Headphones: 1 rear panel 1/4 inch headphone output.
- Digital Outputs: 24-bit, stereo S/PDIF featuring both 48kHz and 96kHz modes.
- MIDI: In, Out, Thru (hardware switchable to copy of MIDI Out).
- USB: MIDI over USB. Also allows the PC3X to load and save data directly to and from a computer as well as perform OS updates.
- Flash Memory Port: XD card type. Store and load programs, OS updates, and sequences.
- FREE OS Updates: Flash ROM upgradeable via USB or flash memory card.
- Height: 4.33 inches (11.00 cm)
- Depth: 13.98 inches (35.50 cm)
- Length 54.33 inches (138 cm)
- Weight 55 lbs (25 kg)
- Power: Internal AC power supply.
Selectable 120/240V AC operation.
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.