Lewitt Audio DTP 640 REX Dynamic Drum Microphone
Drummers and studio technicians love the range of the DTP 640 REX for bass heavy applications. The flagship DTP 640 REX microphone features variably controlled dual element technology and fine tuned frequency responses which provide unparalleled and powerful sound.
The DTP 640 REX is equipped with a high quality dynamic element and a condenser element. The dynamic element ensures accurate reproduction of the bass drum kick, while the condenser element optimally captures the rich low frequency sound of the drum's shell. In order to guarantee full control over the two elements, they can be separately mixed on their own channels.
Lewitt Audio DTP 640 REX Microphone Features
- Innovative dual-element design (dynamic and back-electret condenser) accurately captures the sharp attack of the beater as well as the round tonalities of the shell for unrivaled realism
- 3-position switchable Enhanced Frequency Response provides various tailored frequency responses on separate channels for maximum creative freedom
- Frequency response specifically tuned for kick drum applications and bass instruments
- 3-position switchable pre-attenuation pad (0 dB, 10 dB, and 20 dB) for handling extremely high sound pressure levels
- Hardened hexagonal ruthenium-galvanized steel mesh grille to prevent wear and abuse
- Integrated stand adapter for quick and easy mounting and positioning
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated 5-pin XLR output connector
- Comes in a cardboard box with foam layers; includes DTP 40 Trs cable and DTP 40 Lb artificial leather bag
- Top applications
- Drums and Percussion // kick drum...
- Low frequency instruments // double bass, electric bass, kick drum...
- Live and studio applications
Since 2012, the DTP 640 REX offers two more features. The dynamic element emphasizes frequency ranges relevant for the kick drum in the Dynamic Enhanced Frequency Response setting switchable right on the microphone, while the condenser element captures the sound neutrally. With Dual Enhanced Frequency Response, the character of the sound can be shaped even more individually - with this setting, the condenser element focuses on frequencies from 70 to 150 Hz and delivers a full body sound. The dynamic element provides the necessary power by focusing on the range between 3 and 5 kHz.