Line 6 Flextone III Plus Guitar Combo Amplifier
The Line 6 Flextone III Plus Guitar Amplifier delivers the power of Line 6 modeling technology with the simplicity of a classic amp.
The Flextone III gets its incredible amp tones from the flagship Line 6 Vetta series, effects adapted from the award-winning MM4 and DL4 stomp box modelers, 16 classic Reverb types, and their exclusive A.I.R. II direct recording technology.
Amp models are based on classic amps from a 1953 Deluxe to a 2002 Triple Rectifier - 32 models in all. Highlights include the JC120, Cornford, Chieftain and Extacy. Cabinet & effect models include an equally wide range of sounds. And, you can freely mix & match the cabinet & amp models. All this versatility & phenomenal tone, plus a tour-quality cabinet, simple knob controls, and 4 programmable channels make the Flextone III a serious new amp line that you gotta play to believe. Dimensions: 24 x 18 x 11 inches.
Amps & Cabs
Flextone III's soul is its remarkable collection of Amp and Cabinet models—resulting from Line 6's meticulous study of a dream collection of vintage and modern amplifiers and cabinets. Flextone III features 32 groundbreaking amp models built from the same amp technology found in their flagship Vetta amplifier. They've even added all new models based on* a 1963 Fender Vibroverb, Bogner Extacy, Cornford mk50h, and a 1985 Marshall Silver Jubilee.
Against their accountant's better judgment, Line 6 took the liberty of adapting a bunch of great stomp box models from their MM4 Modulation Modeler and DL4 Delay Modeler pedals, and stuffed them all into your Flextone III. You'll get instant access to models based on* the Maestro EP-1 Echoplex, Roland Space Echo, Electro-Harmonix Deluxe Memory Man, MXR Phase 90, Uni-Vibe, and Leslie 145. There's even a dedicated Compressor and Gate. And it doesn’t stop there. They've even added 16 classic reverb types ranging from Plate and Chamber to vintage Spring.
Flextone III Plus Features
- 32 Vetta-based amp models
- 12 Effects based on Line 6's award-winning stomp box modelers
- 16 Mix-n-Match Speaker Cab options
- Award-winning Point-to-Point modeling technology
- 1x12 touring quality cabinet
- Powerful 150-watt stereo power amp (75 Watts inter 12-inch speaker, 150 Watts when used with external speaker cabinet)
- 4 programmable amp channel memories
- Stereo XLR direct outputs
- MIDI compatibility allowing access to deep editing and the CustomTone.com library
Add an FBV Shortboard foot controller
- Access to 36 Presets on Flextone
- Dedicated, hands-free channel switches
- Dedicated reverb and FX loop On/Off switches
- Large name display
- Wah-Volume pedal with toe switch On/Off
- Expression pedal input for separate Volume control
- Chromatic tuner
- Program Patch Naming
- Powered by the Flextone
Amp Models Based On*
- 1987 Roland JC-120
- Hiwatt DR-103
- 1964 Fender Deluxe
- 1953 Fender Deluxe
- 1958 Fender Bassman
- 1963 Fender Vibroverb
- 1965 Blackface Fender Twin
- Budda Twinmaster 2x12 Combo
- 1996 Matchless Chieftain
- 2002 Cornford mk50h
- 1963 Vox AC 30 with Top Boost
- 1961 Vox AC 15
- 1965 Marshall JTM-45
- 1968 Marshall Super Bass
- 1968 Marshall Plexi Super Lead
- 1985 Marshall Silver Jubilee
- 1990 Marshall JCM-800
- 2000 Marshall TSL100
- 2001 Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
- 2002 Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier
- Soldano SLO-100 Head
- Bogner Extacy
- Gibson Explorer
- Supro S6616
Cab Models Based On*
- 1x6-inch Supro
- 1x10-inch Gibson
- 1x12-inch Celestion Blue Bell
- 1x12-inch Fender 1964 Deluxe
- 2x10-inch Fender Vibroverb
- 2x12-inch Fender Twin
- 2x12-inch Matchless
- 2x12-inch Roland JC-120
- 2x12-inch Vox 1967 AC-30
- 4x10-inch Fender 1958 Bassman
- 4x12-inch Marshall 1967 Greenbacks 20
- 4x12-inch Marshall 1968 Greenbacks 25
- 4x12-inch Marshall G70
- 4x12-inch Marshall V30
- 4x12-inch Mesa Boogie
* Line 6 and Flextone are trademarks of Line 6, Inc. All other names used in this website are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. These trademarks of other manufacturers are used solely to identify the products of those manufacturers whose tones and sounds are modeled in Line 6's products.
Are the FX taken from the stomp modelers?
The premium Effects are taken from PODXT. They include the Echoplex, Space Echo, Line 6 Sweep Echo, Uni-Vibe, Phase 90 and others.
Is it loud?
The Flextone III uses an all new power amp developed for Vetta, and refined for Duoverb. This new amp has a whole lot more headroom, (thanks to a much bigger transformer) for improved dynamic response, and models the way a tube power amp interacts with a speaker cabinet. Combined you get a punchier, more organic and toneful experience.
Any new amp models?
Oh yeah. Check out new models based on* the Marshall Silver Jubilee head, Cornford mk50h, '63 Fender Tweed Vibroverb, and Marshall TSL-2000.
Does it jive w/ the old Floorboard and FB4?
Sorry, new FBV and FBV Shortboard only.
Can I transfer my Flex II/Pod 2.0 sounds to it?
That's in the works, but not for now. A new Line 6 Tone Transfer site should be available very soon.
What are the dimensions of the Flextone III amps?
Flextone III, Plus, and Cab: 24" x 18" x 11"
Flextone III XL: 29" x 21" x 11"