Line 6 POD HD Desktop Guitar Effects Processor
The Line 6 POD HD Desktop Guitar Effects Processor represents a giant leap forward for recording guitar. The POD HD is the only desktop multi-effect to boast 25 state-of-the-art Line 6 HD amp models, 100+ modern and vintage-styled M-class effects, and a collection of essential digital and analog ins and outs. POD HD desktop processor is the most up to date version of the original, time-tested lineage of Line 6 desktop direct-recording devices.
Line 6 POD HD v2.0 Firmware Update
Now available from Line 6 is a free v2.0 firmware update which expands the sonic palette of the POD HD Desktop and enhances integration with the James Tyler Variax and DT25 or DT50 guitar amps. The update includes two new HD guitar models, the first HD bass model and new vintage voiced mic preamp model. Find out more about the v2.0 Line 6 POD HD firmware update.
Line 6 POD HD Desktop Guitar Effects Processor Features
HD amp modeling: sound and feel like never before
- HD amp models are the standard in amp modeling. They feel, behave, and interact with previously unachievable realism for an entirely new playing experience
- 25 HD amp models based on the most sought-after guitar tones: California cleans, classic crunch, vibey boutique warmth, modern high-gain, and more
- 100+ effects including delays, modulations, distortions, compressors, EQs, filters, and reverbs; Up to 8 simultaneous FX; Tap tempo
- 512 user-writable preset locations and built-in tuner with signal mute
- Essential Project Studio ins and outs: 1/4 inch input, XLR input, stereo balanced outs, phones, USB 2.0, S/PDIF out and FBV expression pedal control
- Variable input impedance
Creating these HD amp models within POD HD was no small feat. Line 6 mixed 15 years of amp modeling experience with 2 years of new research and development to build an entirely new amp modeling technology from the ground up. During that time, Line 6 hunted down 16 incredible amplifiers and - with the help of some of LA's top tube amp experts - restored each one back to peak condition. The POD HD modeling technology uses 10 times more amplifier information than before, including single-ended class A tube stages, class AB push/pull interactions, power supply behavior, and more.
Tube amp fanatics have long enthused that their favorite stacks and combos aren't merely amps but instruments themselves, with playability equal to that of the guitar plugged into them. HD modeling takes the Line 6 POD HD desktop processor experience to that same exalted level, capturing the genuine playability that great guitarists demand – with nothing to mic up or isolate.
POD HD includes 25 HD amp models based on
100+ M-class FX
- Fender Twin Reverb
- Hiwatt Custom 100 (DR103)
- Supro S6616
- Gibson EH-185
- Fender Bassman
- Fender Blackface Deluxe Reverb
- Divided by 13 JRT 9/15
- Dr. Z Route 66
- Vox AC-15
- Vox AC-30 (Top Boost)
- Marshall JTM-45 MkII
- Park 75
- Marshall JCM-800 (2204)
- Bogner Uberschall
- Marshall Plexi 1959 Super Lead
- Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier
- ENGL Fireball 100
- Ampeg B-15NF Portaflex
Made famous by Line 6 M13 and M9 Stompbox Modelers, M-class FX have found their way into the hearts of many musicians. Line 6 POD HD features a whopping 100+ M-class effects to craft your sound. With this wide tonal palette to play with, you can sound like anyone under the sun, or no one but you. Route up to 8 FX at once in any order and combination.
Unprecedented flexibility – stunning simplicity
- 19 delays (including cool tube and solid-state tape echoes)
- 23 modulations (including both blackface-style opto and brownface bias-modulating tremolo, phasers, choruses and pitch effects)
- 17 distortions (classic stompbox distortion, to vintage fuzz, to thick metal chunk)
- 26 filters (including wahs and several exclusive custom filters)
- 12 compressors and EQs (including stomp comps and studio tube compression)
- 12 reverbs (from surfy springs, to studio plates, to cutting-edge digital room sounds)
Beyond the mere depth of the amp and FX models, the Line 6 POD HD desktop effects processor offers flexibility to mix and match amps, effects, cabs, mics and more in multiple pre-set rigs, attainable at the touch of a button.
The engineers behind Line 6 POD HD made it easy to access its deep programmability. POD HD was designed by guitarists for guitarists. Plug in and record on the fly – spend time playing rather than programming. Edit and organize all your sounds via computer with the included editor/librarian software.
POD HD connects to just about anything and everything in your studio with its stereo balanced outs, USB 2.0, S/PDIF out, 1/4-inch input and XLR input.
What you need – where you need it
POD HD goes on your left, on your right, or sits in your lap. The desktop design allows you to integrate it into your studio your way. Also, Line 6 POD HD easily fits in your gig bag or back pack, making your studio as mobile as you are. The easy-to-read display and real knobs assure you of complete control in the fastest possible time. No pointing and clicking, no stopping what you’re doing to walk to a rack of gear.
POD HD Edit: Free editor/librarian software
POD HD Edit is a powerful control panel for Line 6 POD HD. Its separate sections for FX, Amps, Mixer and Set Lists allow you to dig deep into every aspect of your tones, experiment with sounds and organize your extensive library of presets.