Free Upgrade to Reason 6.5 via Registration with Propellerhead!
Propellerhead Reason 6 Music Production Software
reclaims the spotlight by combining all the features from Record, adding audio recording and editing into Reason! All this plus Propellerhead's acclaimed mixing console with masterfully modeled EQ and dynamics on every channel, multiple parallel racks, all the effects you know and love plus new ones to fall in love with, and much more of what you've always wanted is now in Reason 6.
New in Reason 6.5
The brand new Rack Extension technology in Reason lets you expand your collection with the instruments and effects your music needs. Created by Propellerhead and other developers, Rack Extensions are full Reason rack citizens, giving you the same fully integrated experience as when using any of the included devices.
Capture your ideas with a minimum of mouse clicks and menu actions — version 6.5 introduces unlimited hard disk tracks and rock solid audio recording in Reason.
As a perfect performance may be less than perfect from scratch, Reason features our swift and easy to use comp editor. Building the ultimate vocal track is as simple as selecting the parts that work and muting the ones that don't. Exit the comp editor and listen to the results; a perfect take containing only the good parts.
Propellerhead Reason 6 Music Production Software Features
Mix in studio grade quality
- Integrated software music recording and production studio with audio recording, million-dollar mixing and EQs, and all the instruments, sounds and effects you could ever dream of
- Reason mixing console's sound and signal processing was faithfully modeled after the legendary SSL 9000k analog mixing desk
- Flexible routing, full dynamics, EQ, advanced effects handling, full automation and a 64-bit mix bus
- Comes installed with separate guitar and bass POD amp modeling units from Line 6
- Gigabytes of synths, samples, drum kits, and effects
- Time stretch allows you to record first and pick your tempo later or record first and change the key later
- Pulveriser brings together crunchy compression, dirty distortion, a multimode filter and flexible modulation
- Echo brings together the brilliance of modern delays with the organic sounds of analog circuitry and old-school tape machines
- Turn bland pads into rhythmic textures, radically twists your loops, and tweaks boring beats into blockrocking breaks with Alligator
- Neptune is an advanced pitch adjuster, audio transposer and voice synth, turning your performances into pitch-perfect ones in no time
- Included Factory Sound Bank has been expanded with thousands of new patches and loops
The fully equipped mixing desk within Reason 6 adds a big studio signal chain to all your sound sources. The built-in EQ, dynamics and advanced routing will give your music that unmistakable million-dollar console sound, while the ‘radio ready’ master bus compressor gives your mixes that extra punch. In Reason 6, every audio and instruments track automatically gets a complete channel strip, with all the controls you need for shaping your mix available at your fingertips.
Pulveriser brings together crunchy compression, dirty distortion, a multimode filter and flexible modulation in a single sound-crunching effect. Crush, mangle, and destroy your sounds. Apply careful parallel compression to bring out the details of a sample or recording. Use the envelope follower when recording live instruments for responsive, expressive filter effects.
The Echo is an advanced stereo echo bringing together the brilliance of modern delays with the organic sounds of analog circuitry and old-school tape machines. The Echo is equal parts pristine stereo delay, sound sculpturing toolbox, and playable performance effect.
Reason 6 software also adds Alligator, a three channel pattern-based gate effect that turns bland pads into rhythmic textures, radically twists your loops, and tweaks boring beats into blockrocking breaks. With its three parallel filters, distortion, phaser and delay, Alligator can add rhythm and accents to a flat synth sound, change the feel of a percussion loop, or be a powerful remixing tool. Add it as an insert effect on a single track to change the rhythmic feel of the sound or apply it to the whole mix for a breakdown section to completely reshape your song.
Getting a vocal performance right means so much more than hitting the right notes at the right time. Sometimes you get that almost perfect performance with perfect feel and presence, but the singer might have missed a few notes. That's when Neptune can save the day. Neptune is an advanced pitch adjuster, audio transposer and voice synth for Propellerhead Reason 6.
As a pitch adjuster, Neptune will fine tune the pitch of an audio track to help getting your vocal performances just right. Neptune will fix the flat notes with an unbelievable audio quality. You can select a root key and a scale that you want the adjuster to use, or create a scale that fits your song. And, yes. By cranking the pitch adjustment settings to the max, you can get that effect sound too.
Time stretch and audio transpose
With Reason’s now legendary non-destructive time stretch, you can actually record first and pick your tempo later. And with the audio transpose you can even record first and change the key later in Reason 6. Change the tempo of your song, and the audio follows right along. Non-destructively change the pitch with a mouse click.
Who is it for?
Propellerhead Reason 6 is for independent-minded musicians, bands, beat makers and producers who are serious about their music-making and demand top quality results. Whether you’re recording your band in a studio, creating beats at home, or just love to make sounds, Reason 6 has everything you’ll ever need.