Line 6 StageScape M20d Smart Digital Mixer
Free V1.2 Software Download for your M20d from Line 6!
The Line 6 StageScape M20d Smart Digital Mixer is the world's first smart mixing system for live sound. Utilizing a groundbreaking 7 inch touchscreen visual mixing environment, the StageScape M20d mixer streamlines the way you mix to get your sound dialed in quickly and stay in the creative zone. Massive DSP power delivers comprehensive, professional audio processing on every channel including multi-band feedback suppression.
The update adds all-new signal chain presets created by world-class FOH
engineers and Fader View for M20d Display and Companion iPad App.
The software download is Free at line6.com/software/.
See More details on V1.2 in the description below.
The pristine audio quality of the Line 6 StageScape M20d will impact your stage performances, and its multi-channel recording allows you to easily capture every rehearsal or show, with or without a computer! The entire system can be controlled remotely from the stage or audience with one or more iPad devices. StageScape M20d is the integrated professional mixing system that delivers great live sound, so you can focus on what’s most important: your performance.
Line 6 StageScape M20d Smart Digital Mixer Features
V1.2 Software Update!
- Intuitive, 7 inch full-color resistive touchscreen interface to get you mixing fast
- Touchscreen displays icons on a stage that represent each performer or input, replacing generic rows of knobs and faders
- A single touch on a performer’s icon gives access to all parameters relating to that channel
- From solo performances to full band shows, setting up for gigs is fast and easy
- Connect one or more iPads (via optional USB Wi-Fi adaptor) to control front of house mix from anywhere in the audience, or for the band to control their monitor mix
- Each channel features parametric EQs, dynamic EQs, filters, standard and multi-band compression, limiters, gates, delays and more
- Records 16 channels plus the main mix in high-res, 24-bit WAV format to SD card, USB drive or direct to your Mac or PC
- Per-channel multi-band feedback suppression quickly identifies problem frequencies and compensates automatically
- Record up to 20 seconds to internal memory from any of the inputs to work on dialing in the perfect sound quickly by looping a recording of the input
- Connect StageSource speakers via L6 LINK output to create the ultimate digitally networked dream stage setup
- With Tweak Pad X-Y controller, drag a finger toward sound descriptors like ‘bright’ or ‘dark’ and multiple parameters adjust simultaneously to achieve that sound
- Save and recall a virtually unlimited number of stage setups, scenes and channel DSP presets
- Four master stereo effects engines supply pristine studio quality reverbs, delays, a vocal doubler and more
- Enhanced recording, file management, playback (V1.1 Update)
- Mark points in your recording for easy locating of a specific point (V1.1 Update)
- Import multi-track files from external software for live productions (V1.1 Update)
- Enhanced Wi-Fi connectivity for faster connection with an iPad (V1.1 Update)
- Link Monitor outputs in Stereo for creating additional outputs (V1.1 Update)
The V1.2 software update for StageScape M20d further enhances the live sound experience with all-new signal chain presets created by world-class FOH engineers and unique workflows through the introduction of a Fader View. V1.2 software is now available for all StageScape owners at no additional charge.
V1.2 Software Update Adds
- All-New Artist and Engineer Presets
- Fader View for M20d Display and Companion iPad App
Artist Presets allow you to quickly dial in great live sound, v1.2 software also introduces all-new signal chain presets designed by A-list front-of-house engineers including rock presets for kick, snare, bass, guitar and vocal from Brad Madix (Rush) as well as a stereo Jazz Piano preset developed using the Earthworks Piano Mic System from Daniele Di Giovanni (James Brown, Ray Charles, Dave Grusin, Lee Ritenour, Mike Stern).
Fader view is a great new option so musicians can have the choice of alternating between the innovative Stage View and a more traditional Fader View whenever they want. The fader screens emulate the look and feel of a conventional mixer, and can be used to control channel levels, monitor sends, FX returns and outputs. Fader View also enables customers to mix monitor sends on faders for those “Can I get more me in my monitor?” moments. And when singers want to hear reverb or delay on their vocals, users can send master effects to their monitors.
Fader View is available on the StageScape M20d display as well as the StageScape Remote iPad app. For the best of both worlds, musicians can use Stage View and Fader View together. For example, set StageScape M20d to Stage View and an iPad to Fader View and bank through faders simply by touching icons. It's a faster, more intuitive experience than you get with any other mixer.
Touchscreen Visual Mixing
StageScape M20d mixer features an intuitive, 7 inch full-color resistive touchscreen interface to get you mixing fast. The touchscreen displays icons on a stage that represent each performer or input, replacing generic rows of knobs and faders. Now you can reach for elements in the mix as you see them on the stage in front of you. A single touch on a performer’s icon gives full access to all parameters relating to that channel, from basic tweaks through deep effects editing.
Intelligence is built into every aspect of the Line 6 StageScape M20d digital mixer visual mixing environment. As soon as you plug in mics or instruments, the screen shows a Stage Icon Gallery that allows you to choose from a variety of icons, representing the most common input types and devices (male/female vocal, keyboards, drum kits, electric and acoustic guitars, etc.). You can use these icons to make a visual representation of the actual stage you are setting up.
Need to adjust the level on the lead vocal? Just tweak the illuminated encoder that’s color-matched to what you see on screen. Want to pan the guitar? Just touch its icon and you have full access to all of the parameters related to the guitar channel.
StageScape M20d encourages you to stay in the creative mindset of a musician. Using simple descriptors like ‘bright’ or ‘punch,’ StageScape enables you to quickly get to sounds that require multiple parameter changes. The innovative X-Y interface allows you to adjust everything with one finger, what used to be many adjustments becomes a swipe of the touchscreen. Instead of getting caught up in analytics, StageScape M20d enables you to use your ears to achieve great vocal and instrument sounds.
Auto-sensing Inputs and Outputs
From solo performances to full band shows, setting up for gigs is fast and easy. With auto-sensing inputs throughout, Line 6 StageScape M20d mixer activates each microphone or line input as soon as you plug in a cable and automatically configures a custom channel strip setting that includes essential gain, EQ, effects and routing. The monitor and main outputs work the same way. Plug in a PA speaker or monitor and it immediately appears on the touchscreen and output signals are automatically routed.
Control the Mix via iPad, Wherever You Are
The convenience of mobility has become integral to so many aspects of our lives, and the M20d digital mixer extends that convenience to the stage. Connect one or more iPad devices simultaneously (via optional USB Wi-Fi adaptor) for complete remote control over all mixer functions. Adjust the front-of-house mix from anywhere in the audience.
Each iPad can control different screens or different parameters in addition to the mixer’s own touchscreen. Whether you’re a band member adjusting your monitor mix or a sound man out in the audience, you’ve got full control.
Professional Suite of Dynamics, EQ and FX on Every Channel
The Line 6 StageScape M20d mixer provides a professional suite of dedicated Dynamics, EQ and FX processors custom tailored to each channel including fully parametric EQs, dynamic EQs, filters, standard and multi-band compression, limiters, gates, delays and more. That’s over 100 professional audio processors ready at all times to create the perfect mix. 32-bit floating point processing throughout provides pristine, high-resolution sound quality. Everything you need to get professional instrument and vocal sounds is available where you need it, when you need it.
StageScape M20d recognizes that different instruments or microphone inputs have different signal chain requirements. For example, a DeEsser is great for vocals but unnecessary for a kick drum that could use a sub-bass booster instead. StageScape provides a custom-tailored signal chain for each type of instrument or microphone channel – all you have to do is select the icon representing the type of input from the Stage Icon Gallery, and StageScape does the rest.
Per channel professional suite of dynamics, EQ, and FX processors include:
Multi-channel Recording, With or Without a Computer
- HPF: High-pass filter with variable frequency is perfect for controlling stage rumble, microphone handling, drum bleed or other unwanted noise. On the touchscreen, a Real Time Frequency Spectrum Analyzer (RTA) runs behind the HPF controls, allowing you to visually dial in just the right amount of low-frequency attenuation.
- Parametric EQ (3-band, 4-band, or 6-band): Depending on the type of instrument or mic channel, StageScape M20d provides a 3, 4 or 6-band EQ. With the integrated RTA, you can visually identify problem frequencies and fix them, and you can see how your changes affect the overall frequency response of the voice or instrument. An extremely wide 1 to 10 Q range together with +/- 15dB of boost or cut makes the StageScape M20d’s parametric EQs extremely useful across the board.
- Dynamic EQ (DeEsser, Frequency Control Filters, Sub-bass Boost): Line 6 StageScape M20d provides a wide range of Dynamic EQ processors that change their EQ curves dynamically based on real-time frequency changes of the instrument or vocal. This allows for a huge range of uses from controlling certain problem frequencies like vocal sibilance to creatively enhancing the power of a kick drum, or balancing the volume levels of the different strings on a bass guitar, all this via the touchscreen.
- Multi-band Compressor: Using the StageScape M20d touchscreen, you can easily create different compression scenarios for different ranges of frequencies. Change crossover, ratio, threshold, attack, release and make-up gain for 4 frequency bands. Incredibly useful for bass guitar, piano and other keyboards, vocals, and more, the StageScape multi-band compressor features an incredibly innovative touchscreen interface combined with an on-screen RTA.
- Compressor: Line 6 StageScape M20d includes a versatile professional compressor that can apply gentle, transparent gain reduction as well as pumping compression energy. With ratio, threshold, attack, release, and make-up gain controls, the StageScape channel compressor is great for making instruments and vocals sit just right in the mix.
- Gate: The StageScape M20d look ahead gate provides precision gating of signals. Controls include attack, threshold, decay threshold, hold and decay.
- Limiter: For transparent control of peaks, the StageScape Limiter provides attack, release and gain parameters that are easily controllable with the touchscreen.
- Delay: The Line 6 StageScape Delay effect can be dialed in on a per-channel basis. With fine control over time, feedback, delay level and dry level, you can add the perfect amount of expressive texture to any vocal or instrument.
StageScape M20d digital mixer is designed to make recording so easy that it can be done any time, all the time - even without a computer. The M20d mixer records 16 channels plus the main mix in high-resolution, 24-bit WAV format to SD card, USB drive or direct to your Mac or PC. The convenience of being able to record to external media means you can track at a moment’s notice with no DAW setup required. Since the recorded output is pre-effects, the raw tracks will be ready for later mixing in the recording software of your choice.
Multi-band Feedback Suppression
Since feedback can quickly ruin a performance, the Line 6 StageScape M20d mixer features per-channel multi-band feedback suppression. The technology quickly identifies problem frequencies and compensates automatically.
Feedback suppression works by continuously analyzing the audio signal, identifying frequencies that have the characteristics of feedback (steady frequencies with few overtones, rising in amplitude), and then applying a narrow notch filter to remove the offending frequency. You can control up to 12 independent feedback frequencies.
Each time the Feedback Suppression is turned off, all filters are reset. When Feedback Suppression is turned back on, analysis begins again and if feedback is detected again, the filters are turned back on. The feedback analyzer can be set to one of three modes, depending on how aggressively the analysis will seek out potential feedback frequencies.
Quick Capture Sound Checking
At the touch of a button, StageScape M20d mixer can record up to 20 seconds to internal memory from any of the inputs. Quick Capture sound check enables you to work on dialing in the perfect sound quickly by looping a recording of the input, whether a drum sound, an acoustic guitar, a vocal or the entire band. Best of all, you can use an iPad to adjust your front-of-house full band mix from the audience while you listen to the sound check playback.
Digital Networking via L6 LINK and the Dream Stage
Connect StageScape M20d to Line 6 StageSource speaker systems via L6 LINK-enabled speaker systems to create the ultimate digitally networked dream stage setup. Main PA speakers automatically self-configure, pan stereo signals, adjust Smart Speaker modes and perform system-wide optimization. StageScape automatically recognizes subwoofers and sets crossovers, and detects which loudspeakers are being used as monitors and routes monitor feeds.
All L6 LINK signal transmission from mixer to speakers and between speakers is high-resolution digital audio for maximum sound quality. Up to nine L3t/L3m loudspeakers and nine L3s subwoofers can be connected via L6 LINK, and channel assignment is automatic. For example, connecting two upright L3t or L3m speakers together automatically configures them as left and right. Connecting three upright L3t/L3m speakers together configures them as left, mono center (left + right), and right.
Any Line 6 L3t or L3m loudspeakers laid on their side are configured as floor monitors and sent monitor feeds A, B, C, or D. Each speaker’s rear panel L6 LINK display will indicate the current assignment: Left (L), right (R), or L + R (b for both). When connecting one or more L3s subs with L3t or L3m towers, crossover points are selected automatically.
Any speaker on the network can have its channel assignment changed manually from the M20d mixer’s touch screen interface. In this case, each speaker’s rear panel L6 LINK display will indicate its sequential number in the network. L3t/L3m loudspeakers and L3s subwoofers are numbered independently.
Standard XLR mic cables are sufficient for L6 LINK if the distance between any two speakers is 25 feet or less. For longer distances (up to 100 feet), 110-ohm AES/EBU cables are recommended.
Tweak Pad, Vsual Multi-parameter Control
For quickly dialing in channel EQ, dynamics and FX, the Line 6 StageScape M20d mixer provides an incredibly easy-to-use Tweak Pad X-Y multi-parameter controller. Drag a finger toward common sound descriptors like ‘bright’ or ‘dark’ and multiple parameters adjust simultaneously to achieve that sound. For experienced engineers who want fine control over all parameters, Deep Edit Mode provides detailed plug-in-style interfaces, with discrete calibrated adjustment capability.
Total Scene Recall
The StageScape M20d digital mixer can save and recall a virtually unlimited number of stage setups, scenes and channel DSP presets. Line 6 provides a huge library of professionally crafted channel DSP presets to get you started and dramatically accelerate the process of getting great instrument and microphone sounds. Plug in a kick drum mic, choose a kick drum preset and StageScape automatically configures a custom-tailored suite of channel processors.
Four Stereo Master Effects Engines
Four master stereo effects engines supply pristine studio quality reverbs, delays, a vocal doubler and more. The StageScape Master Stereo Reverb effect delivers studio-grade algorithms for adding the perfect amount of high-resolution ambience and character to lead vocals and the overall mix. You also get an additional stereo reverb effect engine for creating custom-tailored instrument or backing vocal reverbs.
The third effects engine is a magnificent vocal doubler that delivers stunning depth and richness to any lead or backing vocal. Finally, the fourth stereo effects engine offers a choice of professional delays, chorus and flanger effects to add textures to instruments and the overall mix.