The 32 channel Mackie 3204 VLZ3 combines VLZ3 low-noise, high-headroom technology with increased channel count and superior processing that’s perfect for real-world live gigs.
28 XDR2 mic channels, each with 3-band EQ, offer more clean and useable gain than the competition. Create great-sounding, professional mixes using dedicated channel and subgroup compression, dual RMFX+ effects processors and true 4-bus architecture. You can even connect to your laptop to record the show, stream house music or use your favorite plug-in live using the built-in 4x2 USB interface.
Define your sound, create your mix and record the whole show with the 3204 VLZ3.
Mackie 3204 VLZ3 4 Bus Mixer with USB Features:
- 32-channel 4-bus mixer with proven VLZ3 low-noise, high-headroom design
- 28 studio-grade XDR2 mic preamps
- 130dB dynamic range
- Distortion under 0.0007% (20Hz – 20kHz)
- Phantom power for studio condenser mics
- 4 subgroups, featuring dedicated compressors for total dynamic control
- Dedicated inline channel compression for critical inputs (ch. 25-28)
- 3-band active EQ with carefully selected frequency ranges for maximum flexibility
- Dual 32-bit RMFX+ processors featuring 24 Gig Ready, useable reverbs, choruses, and tap delay for live applications
- Integrated 4x2 24-bit USB interface
- Stream subgroups or master L/R to your PC or Mac for recording
- Use your favorite plug-in live via auxes 5/6
- Convenient stereo return to mains for music playback or return to channel and implement EQ, auxes and more
- 6 aux sends with inserts, pre/post fader and internal/external FX send options available
- 18dB/oct. 100Hz low cut filter
- 60mm long-wearing logarithmic-taper faders
- All steel, classic Mackie Built-Like-A-Tank chassis design
- Smallest footprint in class saves precious desk space
- Lightweight and portable (39 pounds / 17.7 kg)
- Includes Tracktion 3 Music Production Software for Mac or PC
Vastly Superior XDR2 Mic Preamps
Our XDR2 mic preamps offer incredibly low noise, with individual mic pre THD below 0.0007%, and overall mixer THD less than 0.0025%. With 60dB of available gain per channel, the 3204 VLZ3 can handle inputs ranging from a whisper to a scream, and can even take hot line-level signals up to +22db, without any added coloration. You simply won’t find preamps this good on any other mixer in this price range.
Optimized 3-Band EQ
Tremendous resources went into optimizing the center points of the channel EQ, giving VLZ3 mixers practical useful equalization, providing not only sonic enhancement and correction, but also the tone-shaping facility to actually improve the musical nature of the original signal. The 3204 VLZ3 features 3-band EQ on all channels, with a sweepable mid on channels 1-28.
More Headroom and Less Distortion
High headroom and low noise have always been hallmarks of Mackie mixers. Our VLZ3 mixers are a perfect example — we're able to get even more headroom and less noise thanks to a better use of negative summing architecture. We mix all signals in the summing amp at -6dB, for lots of headroom right off the bat. Then we add 6dB of gain to the standard 10dB found in the fader gain stage. The net result is the ability to mix more hot signals without distortion.
Gig Ready Effects
Dual (as in 2) RMFX+ effects processors bring gig-ready, useable effects to your mixes, including an extremely useful tap function for delay. Basically, we’ve delivered a full rack of gear at your fingertips that is easy to master, allowing you to look and sound really good at your next gig. Really, really good.
Dedicated In-Line Compressors
Compressors are a critical tool for both live sound and recording. The 3204 VLZ3 features eight dedicated in-line compressors, delivering simple, sweet dynamic control with the single twist of a knob. Use the compressors on channels 25-28 for your most important vocals and instruments. There is also a compressor on each of the four subgroups, which is great for compressing common groups like drums for live or recording applications.
Aux Sends with Inserts
The 3204 VLZ3 houses six independent aux sends, perfect for many standard live and recording applications. Each and every aux send has an independent master level control and AFL (after fader listen) solo button to quickly check what you’re sending to that mix destination. And to top it off (and unlike the vast majority of the competition), every aux send features a TRS insert, allowing you to hook up a 31-band graphic EQ for each of your monitor mixes.
4-Track Recording Via USB
That’s right…the 3204 VLZ3 has a built-in 24-bit, 48kHz USB interface that’s ideal for both live and studio recording. The 4x2 built-in 24-bit, 48 kHz USB system goes above and beyond what the other guys can offer, providing out-of-the-box 4-track recording straight to your Mac or PC. Perfect for recording and archiving great live performances, true multi-track outputs deliver real flexibility in post-production so you can create a meaningful mix instead of being stuck with the exact stereo feed from the show. With flexible routing, you can even route your favorite DAW plug-in and use it live. The two-channel DAW return can route to the mains for playback during breaks or feed into channels 31/32 with access to EQ and aux sends.
All SRM, DLM, HD, C Speakers, PPM Mixers, HRmk2 Studio Monitors: 3-year inclusive of electronics, 2-year drivers (where applicable), nontransferable;
Thump, S500 Speakers, Onyx Mixers and Interfaces, DL, VLZ4, ProFX mixers, MRmk3 Studio Monitors, Big Knob, MCU Pro Series, SP260, FRS Series Amplifiers, Mixer Bags/Covers/Hardware, Loudspeaker Bags/Covers/Hardware: 1-year nontransferable; B-Stock items, 90 days.