Mackie MR8 Reference Active Studio Monitors - Power and Performance, at an Unbelievable Price!
Mackie MR8 Studio Monitors deliver truly professional quality and everything you need for critical monitoring—at a price that’s unbelievably affordable. Wide, even dispersion means a broad sweet spot, minimizing funny dips or peaks in frequency response when you move off axis. You get superior bass extension—tight and free from distortion—so your lows pack just the right amount of punch. And to ensure the best sound possible for your setup, the MR Series monitors feature acoustic controls so you can tune them to fit your room. With their Active bi-amplified architecture, wide dispersion, ultra-flat frequency response and outstanding bass performance, you get superior imaging with impeccable clarity, for a truly inspirational, non-fatiguing monitoring experience.
Mackie MR8 Reference Active Studio Monitors Features:
- Studio monitor with true Active design
- Precision Class A/B amplifiers with Active protection circuits: 100W for LF / 50W for HF
- HF and LF acoustic controls for room correction
- Balanced XLR, TRS and unbalanced RCA inputs
- Ultra-low distortion 8-inch steel frame LF transducer
- Waveguide loaded 1-inch high-resolution HF transducer
- Minimum-diffraction molded baffle for smooth, wide sweet zone
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement near computer/video monitor
- Precisely tuned for working interchangeably with other MR units
The Mackie MR8 Reference Active Studio Monitors
achieve their transparent sound quality thanks to these key design elements:
- Minimum-Diffraction Molded Baffle: When it comes to baffle design, shape matters; it plays a role in how sound waves travel. Mackie's baffle is precisely molded to minimize diffraction, so sound waves radiate smoothly, and are dispersed optimally. Mackie's precision waveguide is designed to ensure broad, even dispersion, and a smooth transition between highs and lows. The result is a crystal clear image of your mix, with an ultra-wide, even sweet spot. Whether you’re in mix position or not, on axis or off, you’ll always hear an accurate representation of your mix.
- Amplifier Design: Amplifiers are the power behind a monitor’s sound, but they can also color it. Unlike with passive monitors, Mackie's amplifiers are precisely matched to the monitor design. Featuring their proven Class A/B architecture, the MR Monitors’ amplifiers are meticulously tuned to deliver ultra-flat frequency response, so the sound remains neutral. To compensate for room characteristics, acoustic controls allow you to adjust High Frequency and Low Frequency settings (+/-2dB). Balanced inputs allow you to get the best signal possible, but the option of unbalanced inputs mean you can connect easily to any source. And Mackie MR8 Active Monitors deliver enough power to handle the toughest source material, at sound levels beyond sane people’s requirements.
- Cabinet: A speaker’s cabinet is more than just an enclosure—it’s another component that affects the overall quality and character of the sound. Mackie's cabinet features a rear port, carefully tuned to deliver superior bass performance with no audible vent noise. Because air passes through the precisely engineered curved port easily, there is no distortion, and no build-up of pressure within the cabinet that could affect driver movement. The rigidity of the cabinet’s precision-braced MDF construction also prevents vibration, meaning your sound is always free from unwanted resonance.
- Transducers: Transducers are responsible for converting your electrical signal into sound, so consistent, unwavering performance is a must if you want sonic clarity. Mackie specifically create ultra-low distortion steel frame woofers and waveguide-loaded silk dome tweeters to work perfectly in concert with all the components in each MR8 monitor. You get a precisely tuned monitor that performs with impeccable consistency.
MR Series Monitors are ideal for a variety of applications. Use the MRs to empower your mixes in the studio, or to add pro sound to your multimedia, gaming or home theatre system. You can even use them for a great-sounding home DJ rig. For any applications where high quality sound and classic good looks are required, MR monitors are the perfect fit.
Mackie's Reputation Speaks for Itself
There’s a reason serious pros love Mackie gear. With every product they release into the wild—from monitors to loudspeakers to mixers—Mackie ups the ante on performance, reliability and affordability. Their innovation and commitment to great sound is why so many of their products are top sellers, and why their gear has legions of enthusiastic devotees.
All SRM, DLM, HD, C Series Speakers, all PPM Mixers, all HRmk2 Studio Monitors: 3-year inclusive of electronics, 2-year drivers (where applicable), nontransferable.
Thump and S500 Series Speakers, all Onyx Mixers and Recording Interfaces, all DL, VLZ4, ProFX mixers, all MRmk3 Studio Monitors, Big Knob, all MCU Pro Series, SP260, all FRS Series Amplifiers, Mixer Bags/Covers/Hardware, Loudspeaker Bags/Covers/Hardware: 1-year all inclusive, nontransferable