The Martin SS-D35-13 Acoustic Guitar is a truly stunning instrument with remarkable Martin craftsmanship and tonewoods that absolutely sing. A Madagascar rosewood sides and 3-piece back of solid Madagascar rosewood and a cocobolo center wedge with a gorgeous waved edge combine with a solid Engelmann Spruce top for piano-like lows with smooth and clear highs, not to mention the gorgeous look. ‘42’ style appointments complete this stunning instrument. Limited to a run of 30.
Martin SS-D35-13 Acoustic Guitar Features
- Grained ivoroid bindings with Style 42 top inlay of green abalone
- Style 45 rosette inlaid with green abalone
- Waverly open-geared gold ‘butterbean’ tuners
- genuine bone saddle, nut and bridge pins
- Only thirty D-35 Show Special guitars will be crafted, each numbered in sequence and signed by C. F. Martin IV
Every year for the Winter NAMM Show held in Anaheim, California, Martin creates a limited number of ‘Show Special’ guitars that are limited to dealer orders placed onsite at the show. A unique D-35 has been designed featuring an Engelmann spruce top, Sitka spruce 1/4 inch bracing assembled with traditional hide glue, a solid Madagascar rosewood body with a wavy Cocobolo wedge for the center panel of the 3-piece back. The headplate is also inlaid with a small Cocobolo ‘wavy’ wedge as well as an abalone pearl C. F. Martin script logo.