The Modern Drum Method DVD illustrates the most fundamental and musical drumming techniques from holding the sticks to performing with a band! It is intended as an accompaniment resource that covers many concepts first introduced in the Modern Drum Method Books Volumes 1-3.
This DVD can help simplify and improve your fundamentals, sound production and musicality. Throughout, Steve explains each drumming topic as if he were teaching a private lesson.
Mel Bay Modern Drum Method Grades 1-3 DVD Features
- Fundamental techniques for the hands and feet to include accenting approaches such as The Level System and The Moeller Method
- In depth explanation of musical notation with note and rest value exercises to help promote reading ability
- Ideas for using a metronome to improve time keeping skills
- Views on tuning and selecting drum heads and cymbals
- Wire brush technique with demonstrations of (8) different brush diagrams in varying musical styles
- Thoughts on drum set improvisation including (4) extended drum solos
- Two in studio performances with a jazz trio and 17 piece big band