The M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 is a killer 88-key hammer-action USB powered MIDI controller with features that make it the most comprehensive and competitive product of it's kind. The response of the professional action has been fine-tuned to satisfy the most demanding players, and 4 zones accommodate up to 4 layers or splits per patch. The stunning complement of MIDI-assignable controllers includes 9 faders, 24 rotary controllers and 22 buttons - and pitch wheel, modulation wheel, sustain pedal and controller pedals are all fully assignable as well. 10 memory locations store all controller settings, and the included Enigma editor provides unlimited storage. All this power weighs in at approximately 40 lbs., making it the perfect centerpiece for both studio and stage.
M Audio Keystation Pro 88 Features
- 88-key hammer-action, velocity-sensitive keyboard
- 24 MIDI-assignable rotary controllers
- 22 MIDI-assignable buttons
- 9 MIDI-assignable Alps faders
- MIDI-assignable pitch bend and modulation wheels
- MIDI-assignable foot switch and foot pedal inputs
- Controllers assignable to MIDI controllers, notes, transport controls, program changes (including LSB and MSB), sys-ex, and RPN/NRPN
- Independent MIDI channel assign for all controllers
- Four keyboard zones for layers and splits
- Multiple dynamic velocity curves
- Large custom LCD displays controller number, assigned controller, edit icons and edit values
- 10 memory locations for saving all controller assignments
- Sys-ex memory dump transmits the complete memory contents for backup purposes
- Free Enigma editor software for unlimited storage
- +/- 11 semi-tone transposition
- Dedicated buttons allow program and bank changes on the fly
- Control Mute function mutes the output of all controllers so you can position them to the desired value before tweaking
- Snap Shot button transmits all current controller settings
- Fader Drawbar mode reverses the faders for realistic operation of organ emulators such as NI B4
- MIDI In port
- MIDI Out port can drive external MIDI gear or be used as USB to MIDI Out interface
- General MIDI 1 and 2 compatible
- USB class compliant—no drivers required for Windows XP or Mac OS X
- Drivers also included for Windows 98SE, ME, 2000, XP and Mac OS 9
- Powered via USB bus (cable included) or optional 9V power supply
- Lightweight for its features - only 47 lbs.
The M Audio Keystation 88 Pro is a terrific new tool for countless musicians who compose, rehearse or otherwise play keyboards with their computer. Now there are no cards to install and no jumpers to set - a simple USB cable connects the 88-note Keystation to your computer! The Keystation 88 Pro also provides MIDI jacks so you can use it on stage or anywhere you need a great controller. Features include front panel controllers for any MIDI parameters you define and a sustain pedal input. Power supply included.
Controls in M-Audio keyboards aren't buried mysteriously in obscure menus. The keys have a second layer of functions, allowing you to program MIDI control information directly from the black and whites. Here's how it works:
- Press the MIDI/Select button.
- Press keyboard note whose label corresponds to the parameter you wish to change.
- Use the Data Entry slider to select the value or enter numeric values by pressing the keys labeled with numbers.