The M Audio Solaris Condenser Microphone sounds as good as it looks.
Beneath the stylish exterior lies the best-sounding solid-state electronics available at any price. Vintage design principles merge with incredibly tight manufacturing standards to yield no more than +/-1dB of deviation across the entire 20Hz-20kHz frequency range—perfect for matched-pair stereo miking. The industry-thinnest evaporated gold diaphragm also delivers incredible sensitivity. Multi-pattern architecture provides flexibility that makes it ideal for just about any recording situation. It’s like having three mics in one.
M Audio Solaris Features
Affordable Matched Pairs
- 1.1-inch evaporated gold diaphragm
- Ultra-sensitive 3-micron diaphragm
- Large all-brass capsule
- Cardioid, omni and figure 8 polar patterns
- 20Hz-20kHz frequency response
- +/-1dB tolerance across entire frequency range
- Class A FET electronics with output transformer
- -10dB attenuation pad
- Low frequency rolloff switch (6dB per octave at 125Hz)
- Includes shock mount and aluminum case
One of the factors contributing to the best recordings in the world is the use of stereo miking techniques. Pro engineers have long relied on expensive matched pairs of microphones in attaining optimal results from stereo recording methods. Now, affordable matched pairs are within reach. That's because all of M-Audio's professional microphones are within +/-1dB of each other - a closer tolerance than many manufacturers accept while they charge more for custom-ordered matched pairs. With M-Audio professional microphones, matched pairs are as simple as buying two of the same affordable model.