Moog Music 500 Series The Ladder Filter Processor
The Moog Music 500 Series The Ladder Filter Processor is a Dynamic Transistor Ladder Filter that is based on Moog's original ladder filter designs. Don't be fooled by its small size, the 500 Series Ladder is a powerful and fantastic sound sculpting tool that allows for creative and unique sound shifting and shaping. By design, the Moog Ladder sports the smoothest all analog Low Pass and High Pass filter section.
Adjust the Cutoff knob to add vibe, warmth or tonal adjustment. Choose LP to add analog warmth to a sound or select HP for sweetening the heft of a sound. The Moog Ladder Filter will smooth out the harshest of tracks and add warmth and body to any sound. The Ladder Filter audio processor excites dull or lifeless tracks, and has the power to shape sound in a way that is excitingly unique.
That thing is endlessly deep. You could use it on about every instrument to make it more interesting or give it its own character. I could play with it for days. Michael Wagener.
The Envelope section of the Moog Ladder filter is where things get really cool:
- Variable Attack and Release controls allow you to perfectly dial in the behavior of the Moog Ladder's envelope section. Use these controls to open and close the envelope as fast as lightning, or slow as molasses.
- Use the Amount control in Positive or Negative mode for mild to extreme sound shaping and manipulation. From slight timbral excitement and voicing to extreme compression-like behavior. Even reversed filter action is achievable!
- The Resonance control used with the 500 Series Ladder’s other features allows for the creation of sweet, dynamic and even speech like behavior. Use it to tune The Ladder to a sound source, or not. You can excite or accentuate specific frequencies as well as create completely new unique and wild sounds.
NOTE: The Ladder's Resonance control will push the unit into self-oscillation. This can be used for effect if desired.
- The 2Pole/4Pole switch allows you to select how aggressive your filter slope is. 2 pole is equal to 12db per octave which is smooth and sweet, while 4 pole is 24db per octave which is hard and aggressive.
- You also have a hard wire Bypass for totally transparent routing and A/B comparison.