Moog Slim Phatty Analog Synthesizer
Rack Your Phatty!!
At just 17 inches wide, The Slim Phatty goes where no other Moog has gone before. The Slim Phatty’s 100% analog signal path, intuitive user interface, rugged construction and rich MIDI, USB and Control Voltage functionality make it a must-have for producers, touring musicians and DJs. Offering earth-shaking basses, scorching leads and more are now housed in a high-quality instrument ideal for laptop artists and space conscious musical road warriors.
Based on the powerful Little Phatty sound engine, the Slim Phatty is the latest descendant of the iconic Minimoog Model D and features the classic Moog Ladder Filter, the touchstone of analog sound design. In addition to shaping the sound of its on-board oscillators, the Slim Phatty’s filter is a valuable production tool that can be used to process external audio, sweetening your favorite audio source with everything from smooth analog warmth through wet, resonant filter sweeps.
Moog Slim Phatty Features
- 100% analog signal path with intuitive user interface
- MIDI, USB and Control Voltage functionality
- Based on the powerful Little Phatty sound engine
- Moog Ladder Filter and dual on-board oscillators
- Tuning Scale feature and editor for exploring alternate scales and tunings
- MIDI In, Out and Thru, MIDI over USB and MIDI Clock Sync
- Moogerfooger effects processors
- CP-251 Control Voltage Processor
- Arpeggiator and LFO with Tap Tempo Control
- 17 inches wide perfect to fit in your rack!
- Ideal for laptop artists and space conscious touring musicians
The Slim Phatty’s convenient size makes it an ideal voice expander for your existing gear, with two oscillators of massive Moog sound that are always just a MIDI cable away. A new Tuning Scale feature and editor allows easy exploration of alternate scales and tunings. Microtonal, just intonation, quarter-tone, world music scales and more make the Slim Phatty an international traveler. Good thing it has a universal power supply!
In addition to the world of MIDI and USB gear, the Slim Phatty’s Control Voltage inputs give it unlimited realms of expression and sound design possibilities. “Modular synth” style patching with Moogerfooger effects processors, the CP-251 Control Voltage Processor and other Moog synths (even The Moog Guitar!) creates soundscapes previously available only on large modular systems. Connecting to the Etherwave Plus Control Voltage Theremin or the MP-201 Multi-Pedal adds unique and intuitive new modes of expression.