- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
MOTU MachFive 2 is the Universal Sampler for Mac and Windows
MachFive 2 provides cross-platform compatibility for the latest Mac and Windows OS, including Universal Binary support for Mac Intel CPUs.
Open third party sample libraries directly - no time consuming conversion required.
Switch between Mac and Windows platforms. All instrument plug-in formats supported, as well as stand-alone capability.
Four 8GB DVDs contain a staggering 32 GB of instruments and loops. Featured sounds include 8GB Grand Piano, surround-sound drums and orchestral instruments, a wide array of loops, ethnic and acoustic instruments, as well as a "best of" collection from the award-winning Vienna Symphonic Library. Choose instruments from a wide variety of basses, guitars, keyboards, drums, voices, and sound effects.
Sound Design tools include up 128 samples per key, oscillators and organ generators, multi-point envelopes, tempo-synchronized LFOs, comprehensive effects (including a convolution reverb), rules based programming, and LoopLab for creation and manipulation of MIDI and audio loops.
MOTU MachFive 2 Features
- An obvious single-window interface. Whether you are calling up sounds for multi-timbral composition, or creating loops and instruments from scratch, MachFive is a one-stop sound source for your Mac or Windows computer.
- MachFive 2 provides Disk Streaming and modular design for maximum CPU efficiency.
- MachFive 2 supports 24 bit, 192khz sample playback.
- Unlimited parts (unlimited multi-timbral operation)
- Unlimited polyphony and ultra low software latency
- Unlimited sample keygroups and keygroup layers
- Up to 200 discrete audio outputs (depending on host)
- Up to 256 MIDI channels (depending on host)
- Multi-column browser for fast and easy navigation; audition loops & samples while browsing
- Full-screen keygroup/sample editor with unlimited undo/redo, batch processing, and 47 DSP effects
- Advanced time-stretching and pitch-shifting engine
- LoopLab™ beat-slicing editing of multi-channel loops; playback at any tempo with or without stretching; sample, stretch, and slice loop engines
- Built-in graphic mixer with faders, FX inserts, metering
MachFive 2 System Requirements
- A minimum of 1 GB of RAM is required. However, since MachFive loads samples (or a portion of the samples) into the computer's RAM add as much RAM as possible to your computer; 4 GB is recommended. MachFive also allows samples to be streamed directly from disk thus freeing up RAM.
- Large hard drive(s). See below for Mac and Windows specific hard drive requirements.
- A free USB port for the iLok USB key. Note that if you have multiple products which use iLoks for authorization you can consolidate multiple authorizations onto a single iLok; see the tech note below.
- A CD/DVD disk drive for installation.
- G4 1 GHz Power Macintosh or faster, with multiple processors/cores highly recommended; a G5 or Intel-based Mac is recommended
- OS 10.3.9 or higher. Version 10.4 or higher is recommended.
- Hard drive(s) with at least 34 GB free to hold the sound files, plug-in, and application. The drive(s) must be formatted as Mac OS Extended (also known as HFS+); journalling can be on or off.
- An audio sequencer software package that hosts MAS, AU, VST, or RTAS instrument plug-ins. As MachFive 2.0 and later has 34 outputs (stereo main outs + 16 stereo aux outputs), the host needs to support instruments with greater than 32 outputs. Alternately, MachFive can be used as a standalone application.
- Pentium 4 1 GHz or faster (or AMD equivalent), with multiple processors/cores highly recommended
- Windows XP, XP x64, or Vista (32 or 64 bit)
- An Open GL-compatible video card with the latest graphics drivers (support for OpenGL 1.2 is required, with support for 1.5 or 2.0 preferred).
- Hard drive(s) with at least 34 GB free to hold the sound files, plug-in, and application. The drive(s) must be formatted as NTFS.
- An audio sequencer package that hosts DXi, VST, or RTAS instrument plug-ins. As MachFive 2.0 and later has 34 outputs (stereo main outs + 16 stereo aux outputs), the host needs to support instruments with greater than 32 outputs. Alternately, MachFive can be used as a standalone application.
I have two MOTU products with iLok copy protection. What now?
If you have two iLok protected products, such as MachFive and MX4, you can store both authorizations on one iLok.
You can transfer authorizations from one iLok to another if you register both iLoks at iLok.com.
Transferring authorizations onto one iLok is not limited to two MOTU products. For example, you can transfer your MachFive authorization to an iLok for a third-party plug-in. It is also OK to run both iLok keys on a USB hub if this is more convenient for you.
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.