MOTU MachFive 3 Sampling Software
The MOTU MachFive 3 Sampling Software delivers cutting-edge sound synthesis technology combined with inspired software design to spur your sonic creativity! Effortlessly span the four worlds of advanced sound design: samples, loops, synthesis and effects. Import, edit, combine, process, and play multi-sample instruments, tempo-synced loops, and audio phrases in MachFive’s unified window. Create dynamic, ultra-realistic musical performances with world-class yet easy-to-play instruments, powered by MOTU MachFive 3’s incredibly deep scripting engine.
MOTU MachFive 3 Sampling Software Features
- Massive 45 GB sound library (7 DVDs) featuring loops, phrases, sounds, and advanced multi-sample instruments with dynamic performance powered by state-of-the-art scripting technology
- Unique, unified design provides instruments, loops, phrases, synthesis and FX in one easy-to-use window
- Scripting engine with unlimited layers delivers ultra-realistic multi-sample instruments, dynamic performance, and unlimited possibilities for programmers and sound designers
- Cutting-edge time-stretching, pitch-shifting and granular synthesis licensed from the IRCAM research institute
- Directly reads all major 3rd-party hardware/software sample formats for consolidated sound library management
- Graphic mixer with faders, FX inserts, and unlimited channels
- Flexible effects architecture with 47 different effects, including convolution reverb, applied at any level you wish
- Advanced, yet accessible modular synthesis architecture with twelve sound engines and flexible modulation matrix
- Full-screen editing for a rich sound design environment with comprehensive automation, modulation and editing
- Combine instruments and tempo-synced loops. Layer synths and sample-based parts
- 3rd-generation UVI Engine acclaimed worldwide for its superb sound quality
- Submix to 17 stereo output pairs
- Disk streaming conserves RAM and quicken load times
- Unlimited polyphony with ultra-low software latency
Craft your own unique sounds with intuitive, full-screen sample mapping/editing, LoopLab beat-slicing, modular synthesis architecture, eleven different sound engines, unlimited multi-point envelopes, tempo sync, and very high-quality extreme time-stretching and pitch-shifting licensed from the IRCAM research institute.
Apply 47 real-time effects, including convolution reverb. Running stand-alone or as a plug-in, MOTU MachFive 3 software delivers the perfect combination of superb audio quality, powerful programming, intuitive operation, and across-the-board compatibility with all major plug-in hosts, sound libraries, and third-party sample library formats.
Designed to inspire. Engineered to astound.
Within minutes after you begin using MachFive 3, you'll appreciate the years of user interface design and engineering that have gone into this 3rd-generation release. From the configurable part list to the full-screen envelope editor, MachFive 3 has been designed to spur your creative muse while delivering state-of-the-art virtual instrument technology in a streamlined, efficient environment. After all, music, sound design, and audio production are creative endeavors that deserve a worthy partner in creativity.
Compared to a typical software instrument, MOTU MachFive's scripted virtual instruments are like the difference between a simple guitar preset and a real guitar player. MachFive 3 software's sophisticated instruments are truly technological marvels: they model not only the sounds of an instrument, in minute detail, but also the playing characteristics. For example, MachFive's included Telematic electric guitar instrument models strumming and picking techniques, which you can dial up as desired.
45 GB of included instruments, loops and phrases
MachFive 3's signature scripted instruments give you incredibly realistic core instruments that are basic necessities for any studio: drums, bass, guitar, piano, and percussion. But that's just the beginning. MOTU MachFive also includes thousands of loops and phrases. From break-beats to mixed choirs, there's an entire universe to explore.
MachFive Biosphere further broadens your sonic vistas with fresh, rich synth textures that are out of this world. And for the truly adventurous, the Xtreme FX bonus library from UltimateSoundBank.com gives you 5,000 creative sound effects, foley effects, and ambient textures suitable for both music production and sound design.
Powerful new synth engine
From modular analog pioneered in the 1950's to milestone breakthroughs like FM and wavetable synthesis in the decades that followed, MOTU MachFive 3 software delivers twelve synth engines that make it a powerful multi-synthesizer in its own right. When combined with MachFive's multi-sample instrument capabilities and extensive effects, the possibilities for hybrid synthesis and sound design are limitless.
The Tree Editor gives you complete, instant access to every element of your sounds in MachFive. Everything is shown hierarchically in an intuitive scrolling list, so you can clearly see the organizational relationships between all elements, starting with MachFive 3's master output fader at the very top of the list. Parts, presets, keygroups, and so on, all the way down to individual oscillators, follow below in orderly fashion, with effects, macros, event processors and other elements at all levels along the way.
Xtreme FX is an 8 GB bonus sound library from UltimateSoundbank.com that puts 5,000 creative sound FX, foley effects, and provocative textures at your fingertips. From car crashes to space storms, you'll find sounds and textures perfect for your music productions and sound design projects alike.
New in version 3
- SparkVerb: Stratospheric choruses, resonant unisons, and lush ambiances. This exciting new synthetic reverb will spark your sonic creativity with dozens of presets and ample, intuitive control over all the essential parameters.
- IRCAM Technology: The IRCAM institute in Paris is renowned worldwide as a leading research institute in music and audio technology. MachFive holds licensed, cutting-edge IRCAM technology that you can unleash on your sound design.
- Automation and modulation: MachFive's extensive automation and modulation architecture is perhaps the most extensive and flexible ever devised in a virtual instrument. You'll never run out of modulation sources, destination, or ideas.
- New flexible effects architecture: MachFive's effects architecture has been completely re-architected and now allows you to apply effects at any level, from individual oscillators to MachFive's master output.
- New filters and effects: MachFive's new Xpander filter is based on the venerable Oberheim Xpander filters, and provides no less than 37 modes, each a separate filter effect in its own right. MachFive now includes 47 different effects.
- Convolution reverb: MachFive's enhanced IR Verb is so CPU efficient, you can apply it freely throughout MachFive. Enjoy dozens of new impulse responses, including classic high-end studio reverbs from the last 30 years.
- Enhanced sample library support: 3rd-party hardware/software sampler formats, including Kontakt, Giga, EXS24 and HALion, plus legacy formats from Kurzweil, Akai, Roland, Ensoniq, Sample Cell, and many others.
- Event processors: Event processors add a new and exciting element to your performances and sound design. Included processors such as MachFive's extensive arpeggiator and Micro Tuner are only the beginning.
- Preset browsing and searching: Type a word into the search field and up pops a list of all related presets. MachFive's multi-column browser lets you load sounds into multiple parts without having to close and reopen it.
- LoopLab beat slice editor: MachFive was the first sampler to introduce the concept of in-line slice loop editing, and the Version 3 LoopLab has been updated and expanded to offer the most complete environment for loop editing and beat-slicing.
- Full-screen operation: The MachFive window expands to fill your entire computer monitor. This immediately injects surgical precision into your edits, from editing a loop point to sculpting the perfect filter envelope curve.