Driven by popular demand, three coveted audio processors developed by MOTU are now available for RTAS, Audio Units, and VST3 host software on Mac OS X.
MOTU MasterWorks Collection Features
Modeled British analog EQ
- Three premium audio processors suitable for even the most demanding mixing situations
- Accurate modeling
- CPU-efficient performance
- 32-bit and 64-bit internal floating point processing
- Mono, stereo and surround channel configurations (with supporting host software)
- Share MasterWorks plug-in presets among different hosts
- Masterfully crafted plug-ins for Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, and others
Inspired by legendary British console EQs, MasterWorks EQ delivers the look, feel, and sound of the most sought-after classic analog equalizers — carefully crafted and meticulously engineered to produce satisfying, musical results in a wide variety of applications.
- Five bands of EQ filtering, each with four EQ types that provide current popular EQ styles and vintage analog EQ styles alike
- Two mid bands with shelf filtering, plus two bands of variable slope low-pass and high-pass filtering
- Drag control points on the graphic EQ curve for direct control and visual feedback of the filter
The MasterWorks Leveler is an accurate model of the legendary Teletronix LA-2A optical leveling amplifier, known for its unique and highly coveted automatic gain control characteristics. Just dial up the desired reduction and makeup gain, and listen as the Leveler works its magic.
- Smooths out any audio material, from vocals to bass guitar to full-program mixes, without destroying perceived dynamics
- Matches the front panel of the original LA-2A, including an accurately modeled VU meter that adheres to IEC standards
- Provides models of four different generations of the LA-2A: Slow Vintage, Fast Vintage, Slow Modern, and Fast Modern
From soaring cathedrals to primordial forests, ProVerb is a CPU-efficient convolution reverb processor that delivers the sound of stunningly realistic acoustic spaces to any track or mix. Known for its spectacular realism, convolution is known as the best reverb money can buy.
- Advanced CPU-efficient convolution reverb, the most realistic form of reverb money can buy
- Delivers the sound of real acoustic spaces to any track or mix with stunning authenticity
- Includes dozens of preset spaces including, plates, rooms, stages, halls, cathedrals, and more
- Drag and drop any standard audio file into ProVerb’s waveform display to add your own spaces
- Industry-leading processor-efficient performance
- Heavily optimized for real-time adjustment of all parameters, with no waiting for recalculations
- Quickly sculpt your sound with predelay, damping, EQ and four wet/dry mix modes.
- Unique Dynamic Mix feature automatically "ducks" the wet signal as the dry input signal rises
- Supports surround (both stereo-to-surround and surround-to-surround)
MOTU MasterWorks Collection System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements
- PowerPC G5 CPU 2.0 GHz or faster (multiple CPUs or multi-core CPU required), or Intel Core Duo CPU or faster
- 2 GB RAM or more
- A CD/DVD disc drive for installation.
- Mac OS X version 10.5 or 10.6; v10.5.8 or later is required
- A display with 1024 x 768 or larger resolution
- An available USB port for the iLok USB key. Note that if you have multiple products that use iLoks for authorization, you can consolidate multiple authorizations onto a single iLok via www.ilok.com.
- Pro Tools, Logic, Cubase, Live, or other digital audio workstation application (or other host) that supports RTAS, Audio Units, MAS, or VST3 effects plug-ins.
Note for Digital Performer and AudioDesk users
- Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.0 GHz or faster
- 4 GB RAM or more
- 1280 x 1024 or larger display resolution
If you own Digital Performer (version 6 or later), you do not need to purchase the MasterWorks Collection because the Digital Performer-native MAS versions of these plug-ins are already included with DP. If you own Digital Performer version 5 or earlier, upgrade to the latest version of DP to obtain the MasterWorks Collection (MAS only).
If you own Digital Performer, but you would also like to use the MasterWorks plug-ins in other hosts such as Pro Tools, Logic, etc., then you need to purchase the MasterWorks Collection to obtain the RTAS, VST, and Audio Unit versions of the plug-ins.
If you own AudioDesk, you can either purchase the MasterWorks Collection (requires AudioDesk version 3.2 or higher), or you can upgrade to the latest version of Digital Performer.