- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
MOTU SYMPHONIC INSTRUMENT PLUG-IN DELIVERS 8GB OF ORCHESTRAL SOUNDS
The MOTU Symphonic Instrument is a cross-platform instrument plug-in that gives users quick and easy access to an enormous 8GB library of quality orchestra sounds for composing, sequencing and rendering realistic orchestral performances. The MOTU Symphonic Instrument can be used with any compatible host application (VST, Audio Units, DXi, MAS and RTAS), where users can load up to sixteen different instruments per instance of the plug-in to create ensembles of any size and scope. Built-in convolution reverb allows users to place their ensemble in authentic acoustic spaces, from orchestra sound stages to renowned concert halls to majestic cathedrals. Easy to use controls let users further adjust each instrument to achieve the perfect sound. Sounds can also be directly loaded into MOTU’s MachFive universal sampler plug-in for more advanced layering and programming.
The MOTU Symphonic Instrument provides 16-part multitimbral operation via the part list on the left-hand side of the
window. Users choose the desired instrument for each part and assign a MIDI channel. To layer two or more
instruments so that they play the same notes, users simply assign the parts to the same MIDI channel. Instruments to
be played separately are assigned a unique MIDI channel. The controls to the right of the part list allow users to adjust the sound of the currently selected instrument, including ADSR amplitude envelope controls, an LFO, two filters, tone controls, pitch controls and velocity response. Global parameters, such as maximum allowed polyphony and global volume/pan, are displayed across the top of the window. Finally, the bottom portion of the window displays controls for the convolution reverb, including a menu for choosing the desired acoustic space and seven knobs for further adjusting the sound of the space. The MOTU Symphonic instrument is driven by the 32-bit UVI engine, acclaimed worldwide for its lush and powerful sound.
From solo instruments and small ensembles to full tutti orchestra and choirs, the MOTU Symphonic Instrument’s
massive 8 gigabyte (GB) library provides sounds from world class orchestras and musicians, recorded with pristine
audio fidelity and careful attention to detail. Quality and variety abound: strings, brass, woodwinds, orchestral
percussion, male and female choirs, pipe organs, period instruments and pianos and even timeless classics, including
Steinway D and Yamaha C7 pianos. Instrument highlights include:
- Strings – Violin Section, Viola Section, Cello Section, Bass Section, Solo Violin, Solo Viola, Solo Cello, Solo Bass, Harp...
- Brass – Trumpet solo, Trumpet ensemble, Piccolo Trumpet, Flugel Horn, French Horn solo, French Horn ensemble, Trombone solo, Trombone ensemble, Bass Trombone, Tuba, Contrabass Tuba...
- Woodwinds – Flute solo, Flute ensemble, Alto Flute, Piccolo, Clarinet solo, Clarinet ensemble, Bass Clarinet solo & ensemble, Oboe solo, Oboe ensemble, Oboe D'Amore, Bass Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon solo & ensemble,
- Orchestral Percussion – Timpani, Orchestral Cymbals, Orchestral Snare & Bass Drum, Gong, Tubular Bells, Mallets,
Celesta, Glockenspiel Marimba, Vibraphone, Xylophone...
- Tutti – Complete Orchestra, String Orchestra, Brass Orchestra...
- Choirs – Women’s Choir, Men’s Choir, Children’s Choir, Solo Soprano, Solo Tenor...
- Pipe Organ – Baroque Organ, Romantic (cathedral) Organ…
- Piano – Steinway D, Yamaha C7...
- Historical Instruments – Harpsichords, Piano Forte, Viole...
The Acoustic Spaces
Convolution is a process where the characteristics of a real acoustic space are sampled (captured) and then faithfully reproduced, down to the last detail and nuance. Convolution reverbs are known for their stunning realism and are widely considered to be the best type of reverb that money can buy. Users can choose from a wide variety of acoustic spaces included with the MOTU Symphonic instrument to greatly enhance the realism of their orchestral recordings. Highlights include ensemble chambers, concert halls and soaring cathedrals.
If users prefer the more advanced and flexible environment provided by MachFive, MOTU’s universal sampler plug-in,
they can freely load the MOTU Symphonic Instrument sounds into MachFive for more complex layers, splits and stacks.
In fact, users can bring the full weight of MachFive’s Expert Mode to bear on designing their own dynamic instruments and ensembles.
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.