MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid USB/Firewire Audio Interface
The MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid USB/Firewire Audio Interface is an incredibly versatile interface featuring both FireWire and high speed USB2 connectivity to your Mac or Windows computer. On-board mixing and effects, sample rates up to 192 kHz, two mic/instrument inputs, six line-level analog inputs, ten channels of analog output, stereo S/PDIF, and reliable performance puts the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid right up there with interfaces that cost much more!
MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid USB/Firewire Audio Interface Feature
- Connect to your computer via either bus-powered FireWire or hi-speed USB2
- Two combo jacks provide 1/4 inch guitar input or XLR mic input with phantom power
- Eight 24-bit 192kHz analog inputs and outputs on balanced/unbalanced 1/4 inch TRS jacks
- Separate TRS main outs with front panel volume control
- Stereo 24-bit 96kHz S/PDIF in/out
- CueMix FX - flexible 10 input/14 bus mixer with on-board DSP effects including reverb with sends/returns, plus EQ and compression on every input and output
- 10 inputs and 14 outputs with each mic input, S/PDIF I/O, headphone out and main outs handled as separate channels
- Classic Reverb provides five different room types, three frequency shelves with adjustable crossover points, shelf filtering and reverb lengths up to 60 seconds
- Modeled EQ provides 7-band parametric EQ modeled after British analog console EQs
- CueMix FX mixing software gives attractive graphic mixing, graphic editing of parametric EQ and a convenient tabbed interface
- Access any setting in the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid mix directly from the front panel
- Stand-alone operation allows you to program mixes at the studio and then bring it to your gig — no computer needed. Tweak the mix via the back-lit LCD and front-panel controls
- Multiple CueMix FX mixes —create different monitor mixes for the main outs and headphones
- Connect a MIDI controller and/or sound module with no separate interface needed
- DC-coupled TRS outputs can be used with Volta (sold separately) to manipulate and sequence voltage-controlled modular synthesizers from a host DAW
- Includes native 32- and 64-bit drivers for Mac OS X and Windows 8/7/Vista/XP, including ASIO, WDM, Wave, Core Audio, and Core MIDI. Supports all popular Mac and Windows audio software
- Includes AudioDesk sample-accurate workstation software for the Mac with recording, editing, mixing, real-time 32-bit effects processing and sample-accurate sync
- Front panel volume control for monitoring
- Front panel headphone jack with volume control
Housed in a rugged, compact half-rack enclosure you can take anywhere, the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid is equally well-suited for studio and stage, with or without a computer. As an interface or standalone mixer, the UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid provides 10 separate inputs and 14 separate outputs.
Connect all of your studio gear, including mics, guitars, synths, keyboards, drum machines, effects processors and even MIDI devices. Record, monitor, route and process all of these live inputs using the professional on-board CueMix FX digital mixer - with no latency and no processor strain on your computer. Apply hardware DSP-driven effects processing to inputs, outputs, and busses independent of your host computer. Add Classic Reverb with lengths up to 60 seconds.
Further sculpt your sound with 7-band parametric EQ featuring filter types carefully modeled after British analog console EQs. Choose between two forms of compression: a conventional compressor and the Leveler, an accurate model of the legendary LA-2A optical compressor that provides vintage, musical automatic gain control.
UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid includes the CueMix FX cross-platform mixing software which provides attractive graphic mixing, graphic editing of parametric EQ, and a convenient tabbed interface for quick access to all features in one window. Advanced signal analysis tools include a full-screen real-time FFT display, spectrogram ‘waterfall’ display, oscilloscope, X-Y plot and linear or polar phase analysis.
After programming the on-board mixing in the studio, unplug the MOTU UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid from the computer and take it on the road for operation as a stand-alone mixer with effects. All mixing and effects parameters are adjustable using the front panel backlit LCD.
The UltraLite-mk3 Hybrid audio interface provides cross-platform compatibility with Mac and Windows and all of your favorite audio software and host-based effects via WDM/ASIO/Core Audio drivers. Or you can use the included AudioDesk workstation software for Mac, with 24-bit recording/editing and 32-bit mixing/processing/mastering.
MOTU FireWire audio interfaces are fully compatible with FireWire 800-equipped Macs. All you need is a standard FireWire 400-to-800 cable. Just plug in and go. The FireWire bus operates at 400 Mb/sec, providing the same high speed, low latency and rock solid reliability that MOTU FireWire interfaces are known for.