MTD Kingston ZX 5 String Electric Bass Guitar; Sensational Look, Outstanding Tonality!
The Kingston ZX bass from MTD is a truly special bass with an elegant look thanks to its burled maple top with stunning translucent black gloss and sensual smoked chrome hardware. The ZX bass is not all glitz and glamour, the Tobias Designed ZX bass is here for the most serious of players who know there are more important aspects to a bass then how it looks. A bass has to feel great in your hands and sound just as good and the MTD ZX meets this criteria. The ZX 5 string bass is packed tight with custom Bartolini pickups and preamp, hand-installed in the US, into its durable mahogany body. Adjust the knobs on this instruments 3 band EQ controls and you'll find that you have a bass with an extremely wide range of tones perfect for blending into (or standing out in) any genre of music.
A master of design, Mike Tobias has put more of himself into these basses than any other production line bass available. The MTD's Kingston basses are as close to a handmade Mike Tobias bass as you can get.
MTD Kingston ZX Features
- 35 inch scale
- 24 medium jumbo frets
- Zero fret 1-3/4 inches wide, 5-string
- One-piece neck with satin polyester finish
- Carved Mahogany body with Maple Burl top
- MTD quick release bridge, 3/4 inch (19 mm) spacing
- Double-action truss rod
- Rosewood Fingerboard
- Volume, blend and 3 band EQ controls
- MTD active, wood covered soap bar pickups
- Shielded electronics compartment
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- Smoked chrome hardware