The redesigned Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 DJ Controller offers a new multi-purpose touch strip and intuitive touch-sensitive encoders for a powerful and portable DJ solution fit for any situation! Use the touch strip to control track position, pitchbend, loops and FX. The NI X1 allows you to control two track decks and two Traktor FX units for great flexibility. The X1 MKII delivers instant control over all essential DJ functions on 2 track decks for seamless command of Native Instruments Traktor software in a familiar design.
Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2 DJ Controller Features
- Touch strip can be assigned to transport, FX and Loop functions
- Touch sensitive encoders
- 31 buttons, 3 push encoders and 8 knobs
- Change the musical key of a track with Loop encoders while holding SHIFT+PLAY
- Seamlessly adjustable LED brightness adapts to any environment from bright daylight to the darkest club
- All buttons feature backlights in multiple colors for ease of use
- Flux mode now allows you to juggle cue points and loop effects without missing a beat
- Bi-directional communication with TRAKTOR using NHL (Native Hardware Library). The NHL protocol features resolution that is almost 4 times that of regular MIDI
- Calibration wizard precisely and individually defines mid-point of each knob
- The controller is pre-mapped by the makers of TRAKTOR, with the option to freely customize most individual parts. Tweak the defaults or reconfigure the mapping entirely to your preferred workflow
- Runs the instant you connect it to your computer with TRAKTOR running. If the USB connection is accidentally disconnected TRAKTOR continues to play unaffected
Traktor Kontrol X1’s eight knobs and buttons control up to three effects on two of the four effect units. An ultra-intuitive layout puts browse, cue, sync, and loop controls right where you need them while touch-sensitive browser and loop controls provide smart software navigation. Pro-grade, RGB back-lit buttons and displays give instant visual feedback during your set – direct, fluid communication with Traktor Pro or Traktor Scratch.
Take physical control of your music with or without turntables or CDJs. Native Instruments X1 now includes a multi-purpose touch strip that delivers ultra-precise command over track position, pitch bend, and even FX at the swipe of a finger. Digital displays and LED indicators provide visual feedback so you know where you stand when the night is in full swing.
Boasting reactive performance behaviors, Traktor Kontrol X1 MKII takes care of the details behind the scenes. The advanced Browse and Loop encoders respond to touch and command TRAKTOR to access different views or functions – just touch the Browse encoder to see the full-sized Browser list. Touching the Loop encoder while holding SHIFT+PLAY lets you see the key of your track. Touching the Loop encoder while holding SYNC lets you see the tempo.
The touch strip also interprets functions based on deck status – when stopped, it’s assigned to track seeking or needle dropping. When playing, pitchbend is activated. For your own trademark sound, assign the touch strip to control any effect parameter in seconds.
Comprised of 8 high resolution potentiometers and 8 buttons, this section allows control of all parameters of 2 Traktor effect units simultaneously. In Grouped FX mode, this means simultaneous control over 3 effects per deck. The effects section buttons are programmed to give direct access to 3 of your favorite effect presets and allow you to choose different FX on the fly.
A touch sensitive knob is dedicated to browsing through play lists and loading tracks. Simply touch it to automatically change the display on your screen. Turn the browse encoder to find a track and push one of the load buttons to load it into the corresponding deck. Once the track is loaded, use the loop encoders or touch strip to seek through the track, using tempo sync'd beat jumps to remain in time.
LED displays give clear visual feedback about loop status while the loop encoders provide intuitive control of TRAKTOR's loop functions. Quickly access auto loops, manual loops, and loop editing functions such as loop size and loop position.
The new multi-purpose touch strip on the Native Instruments X1 controller delivers ultra-precise command over track position, pitch bend, FX and loops at the swipe of a finger. Control one or both decks simultaneously and access playback functions like track seeking or needle dropping and nudging. Visual feedback helps monitor track phase, position and loop / FX values.
This section provides direct access to basic playback controls as well as shifted access to 4 secondary functions for each deck. All buttons for industry standard workflows (Play, Cue, Sync) are here and direct access to 4 HotCues / HotLoops per deck are expandable to 8 HotCues / HotLoops per deck. A new Flux Mode button allows for flawless on-the-fly mixing.