The AKG C214 Condenser Microphone is designed as an inexpensive alternative to other higher-end AKG Microphones.
The C214 captures sound combining one side of the legendary C414 dual-capsule system and AKG’s patented Back-Plate Technology which results in an outstanding performance.
The AKG C214 is capable of handling the rigors of high sound pressure levels like those you will find when recording guitar amplifiers, while maintaining a sensitivity level perfect for vocals and softer instruments. This microphone boasts a 20 dB Attenuation pad, 13 dB noise floor, and a low cut switch—all in an elegant but rugged package. Besides, the C214 will also work on low phantom power voltages from 12 up to 48 volts.
Available as a Single Microphone or as a Stereo Set Matched Pair.
AKG C214 Condenser Microphone Features
- AKG’s Legendary 1 Inch Edge-Terminated Large Diaphragm Sound
- Outstanding Dynamic Range (up to 156 dB SPL, Ultra-Low Noise)
- Roadworthy Design
- Integrated Suspension to reduce mechanical noise
- Switchable 20 dB Attenuation Pad and Low Cut Switch
- Rugged double mesh grill for high RF immunity but unaffected acoustics
- Gold Plated XLR Output Connector for loss-free signals
- All-metal die-cast body with shock and scratch resistant finish
- Spider-type Shock Mount included
- Metal Carrying Case included
- Designed, Engineered and Built in Vienna, Austria