The Audio-Technica U851R Condenser Boundary Microphone is a breakthrough in microphone technology, offering outstanding speech intelligibility and transparent sound quality for surface-mount applications.
The phantom-powered U851R is equipped with a PivotPoint rotating output connector, UniSteep filter and UniGuard RFI-shielding technology. With a heavy die-cast case and silicon foam bottom pads to minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone, the U851R is equipped with self-contained electronics, eliminating the need for an external power module.
Audio-Technica U851R Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording, television, conferencing and other demanding sound pickup situations
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicon foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility