A wide range condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern, the Audio Technica U891RCX is equipped with local or remote switching options. For flexible control in conference and boardroom installations, the unit’s external contact closure ability allows a user to trigger an external device, a camera, for instance, from a switch on the microphone. Another ease-of-use feature: the microphone’s activation switch can be set to three operating modes: touch-on/touch-off, press to talk, and press to mute.
The U891RCX is also equipped an 80 Hz low-cut UniSteep filter to reduce pickup of low-frequency ambient noise. Its red LED status indicator can be controlled remotely. UniGuard innovations offer unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference; interchangeable elements are available in cardioid, hypercardioid and omnidirectional polar patterns; a unique rotating PivotPoint connector changes the cable exit point, no tools required. It requires 11 to 52V DC phantom power, which operates the microphone and switch circuitry.
Audio Technica U891RCX Boundary Mic Features
- Designed for surface-mount applications such as high-quality sound reinforcement, conferencing, distance learning and other demanding sound pickup situations
- An activation switch can be set to any of three operating modes: touch-on/touch-off, touch-to-talk and touch-to-mute
- External contact closure capability permits control of remote devices from microphone switch
- External LED control allows for accurate depiction of the live status of the microphone
- PivotPoint rotating output connector allows cable to exit from either the rear or the bottom of the microphone
- Small-diameter UniPoint capsule near boundary eliminates phase distortion and delivers clear, high-output performance
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Heavy die-cast case and non-slip silicone foam bottom pads minimize coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance black finish for minimum visibility
- Improved switch design