The Focusrite Forte USB Audio Interface is an incredibly compact but surprisingly versatile 2 in, 4 out interface for Mac and Windows, designed to deliver fantastic audio quality! Forte partners two remote-controlled Focusrite mic preamps with superb digital conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution. Built into a solid aluminum case, Forte features a color OLED display, touch controls and a single large control knob for intuitive operation, with DAW integration transforming it into a control interface.
Focusrite Forte USB Audio Interface Features
Part of Focusrite’s history of audio excellence
- Two Focusrite remote-controlled mic pres for the very highest quality audio quality from your source
- Ultra-high quality A-D and D-A conversion at up to 24-bit/192kHz resolution ensures that the entire path from analog input to your recording system is of the highest quality
- Bus powered in USB low power mode or by the included power supply for increased available output volume to outputs and delivers +48V phantom power
- Mac and Windows compatible with simple and familiar operation
- Premium aluminum enclosure making it elegant, rugged and reliable for life on the road
- Built-in TRS line and independent headphone outputs plus a breakout cable with XLR mic and TRS balanced line/instrument inputs
- Touch-sensitive icons switch the multi-mode control knob between monitor, headphone, input and DAW control, while the knob allows instant access to settings
- Color OLED (Organic LED) metering/display allows you to instantly check levels and see which function the control knob is assigned to
- Included software allows configuration of low-latency monitoring, mic pre gain and other audio settings
Forte takes its name from the original Focusrite console that embodied all the fundamental elements of the renowned Focusrite sound. Focusrite’s original Forte was the recording console based on the ground-breaking mic pre and compression modules that Rupert Neve created for Air Studios back in the 1980s. The Forte USB audio interface continues this obsession with sound quality.
The ultimate USB audio interface for Mac and PC
Focusrite Forte has been designed specifically to provide a compact, rugged and effective input path to your computer with the maximum possible audio quality for mic, line and instrument sources. In particular, Forte delivers class-leading dynamic range and noise floor – both highly significant in today’s world of an almost unlimited number of tracks making up a mix – and class-leading conversion performance, ensuring you get the very best quality sound at all times.
Two Focusrite mic-pres and world-class conversion
Featuring two of the latest design of Focusrite's remote-controlled mic preamps, the Forte USB audio interface connects to both Mac and Windows computers via USB 2.0. It incorporates highest-quality precision 24-bit A-D and D-A converters operating at sample rates up to 192kHz, and the conversion stages have had maximum attention paid to both analogue and digital design to deliver the best possible performance.
The DAW control interface
Forte includes a color OLED (Organic LED) display to indicate mic, line in, line out and headphone levels, gain structure and other functionality. It features a single, large, smoothly-rotating control knob operated in conjunction with a series of touch-sensitive icons to access preamplifier and output functions – input, monitor, headphone, and control – plus the ability to control DAW functions and act as a remote control for your music software. Included with the unit is Forte Control software application, which allows the configuration of low-latency monitoring, mic pre level adjustment and other features.
A USB audio interface at the forefront of design
A breakout cable with locking connector is used for mic (XLR) and line/instrument (TRS) inputs, but balanced line and independent headphone outputs are provided on the Forte itself, so the breakout cable is not required for playback-only applications. In addition, the fact that the mic and line-level inputs on the breakout cable are separate means that you can keep your inputs connected all the time without having to re-patch when you go from one to the other.
Focusrite Forte can run on bus power in ‘USB low-power mode’ but an included power supply increases the available volume to headphones/line outputs and delivers +48V phantom power to your microphone.
The Midnight plug-in suite
The classic Focusrite Midnight plugin suite is also included in the box, accurately modeling the classic ISA110 EQ and ISA130 compressor from the original Focusrite Forte console.
Take an in-depth tour of Forte's features in this tutorial demonstrating the control knob functions, integrated menu, hardware connectivity and the Forte Control software.