Peavey MuseBox Effects Processor
Peavey MuseBox Effects Processor takes advantage of virtual instrument and effects software for cutting-edge sounds and unprecedented flexibility. Portable, compact, and completely self-contained, just plug in, and play!
Peavey MuseBox Effects Processor Features
Is it an effects processor? A sound module? A synthesizer? How about an amp modeler? A virtual piano? Or a killer e-drum kit? Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and yes!
- Simple Sound-Finder based user interface lets you find that just right sound or effect FAST
- Tweak and program instruments and effects by simply connecting a mouse, monitor and keyboard directly to the Peavey MuseBox
- Edit and program remotely by connecting the MuseBox to your computer and running the exclusive Muse Remote software
- Two pro-grade mic/instrument inputs on the front panel allow you to connect your mic and guitar so you can handle any performance situation
- MIDI jack and line inputs on the back let you compliment your existing keyboard sounds with exciting new software-based instruments
The super portable, super flexible Peavey MuseBox Musical Instrument and Effects Box from Muse Research and Development uses virtual instruments and effects technology in a brand new way, so you can easily take them to your rehearsals, gigs, to the practice room, or to the studio. Using technology derived from its powerful big brother, the award-winning RECEPTOR Hardware Plug-in Player, this compact 2U half rack design is ultimately portable, incredibly versatile, and built for the road.
The key to Peavey MuseBox is its custom software environment that takes computer technology and turns it into a musical instrument that works in any musical situation for any kind of musician. Now you can harness the world's best sounding virtual instruments and most versatile, tone-laden effects and take them anywhere - and everywhere.
It's Anything You Want It To Be
Peavey MuseBox features incredibly flexible I/O, with front panel guitar and microphone inputs, MIDI, and USB. So you can play through it, sing through it, process your keyboards, play along to backing tracks, and of course, create lush keyboard sounds with your MIDI controller. Guitarists can use it to run their favorite amp modeling software, multi-effects libraries and more. Singers can enhance their vocals with reverb, compression, de-essing and pitch correction in real time. Keyboardists can run virtual pianos and delicious sounding virtual instruments with super-low latency and superb stability.
Sounds Great Right Out Of The Box
Peavey MuseBox comes pre-loaded. Simply turn the Musebox on, press the PLAY button, select the sound of your choice and off you go into the superior sounding world of virtual instruments and effects. It's got all the 'meat and potatoes' keyboards to cut any gig. Guitarists will dig Peavey's ReValver HP Guitar Amp Modeler for killer sounds. And of course there is an ample supply of essential effects, including Reverbs and Chorus.
Find Sounds Fast
Peavey MuseBox's SoundFinder preset architecture lets you quickly sort through thousands of presets to find the sound you are looking for... and it automatically adds new presets as you add additional virtual instruments and effects to the MuseBox.
Easy And Intuitive
You'll find MuseBox easy to use right from the get-go. Our front panel allows quick and intuitive access to whatever you have loaded in your Peavey MuseBox, so you can call up sounds, tweak parameters, edit effects chains, whatever you need.
Peavey Musebox Effects Processor Specifications
- Intel Dual-Core Processor
- 2GB of DDR-2 RAM
- 8GB Flash IDE disc module
- 2 channels line level balanced inputs OR 2 channel mic/instrument inputs
- 2 channels line level unbalanced outputs
- Passive mix mode for connecting external CD or MP3 player, drum machine, etc.
- Front panel headphone output
- Full Size MIDI input
- Four USB ports
- VGA video output for viewing / editing software interface of plug-ins
- Phantom power
- Dedicated mic/instrument input volume control and 3 segment LED meters
- Ethernet port
- Two channel ‘DUO HOST’ VST plug-in host environment running on Linux
- Variety of essential high quality keyboard sounds included
- Peavey ReValver HP guitar amplifier modeling software
- Assortment of effects
- RECEPTOR Remote control for control from a computer
- MuseControl software interface for controlling individual plug-in GUIs
Inputs and outputs:
- 12VDC input, 5A Max, center pin positive, using approved AC to DC converter
- Accepts inputs from 100 to 240VAC, 50/60Hz 1.5A Max
- Power adapter supplied with the unit is both auto-ranging and auto-power factor correcting for use anywhere in the world
Two combination XLR/ ¼ inch inputs
One ¼ inch TRS headphone jack
Two ¼ inch line level outputs, low impedance
Two ¼ inch line level balanced inputs, high impedance
One full-size 5-pin DIN MIDI INPUT jack
One ¼ inch TRS Footswitch Input jack
One gigabit Ethernet Jack
One 15-pin VgA monitor connector
One Coaxial bi-pin 12VDC power input jack
One CF Card slot Special Front Panel Key Combinations and Shortcuts:
Dimensions (W x H x D):
- Pressing the power button once will cause the unit to go in to ‘standby’ mode
- Pressing the power button twice will cause the unit to shut down completely
- Pressing the power button three times will reset the unit and reload the current sounds or effects
- Holding down 'PLAY' at startup will rescan Banks and Patches, rebuild the plugin list, and start the mixer in a default setting with no sounds or effects loaded
- Holding down PLAY + MIX will generate MIDI panic in the event that your keyboard or MIDI device did not send a Note Off message
- Holding both the SNTH1 and SNTH 2 buttons will create a split between SNTH 1 and SNTH2 at middle C
8.375 x 3 x 10.5 inches (MuseBox is designed for table-top and rackmount use) Weight:
5 lbs. 12 oz.