The Rode VideoMic Pro compact design is ideal for use with HDSLR cameras, camcorders and audio recorders. Noise transference has been significantly reduced using both a revised, more elegant shock mounting system and a lightweight premium cable.
Rode VideoMic Pro Shotgun Microphone Features
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact design (only 150mm/6 inches length)
- Ultra lightweight (only 85g/3oz)
- 9 volt battery powered, with up to 70 hours battery life (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windshield
- 1/8 inch (3.5mm) stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8 inch thread for easy boompole mounting
- Ten year warrantyc (following online registration)
The microphone has a broadcast-quality condenser capsule with a supercardioid pickup pattern to capture audio from the front, while minimizing pickup from the sides and rear. An integrated shockmount and foam windscreen minimize handling and wind noise to keep your recordings crystal clear.
On the rear of the mic, you'll find a 3-way level control that offers -10dB, 0dB, and +20dB modes. There is also a 2-step high pass filter with 0 and 80Hz settings, letting you minimize the impact of low frequency hum, camera motor noise, and similar distractions. The mic has a standard camera shoe and a 3/8 inch threaded mount for easy attachment to cameras and boom poles. The 1/8 inch (3.5mm) plug is compatible with a wide variety of different cameras and audio devices. The VideoMic Pro operates for up to 70 hours on a single 9V battery, allowing you to work in the field without constant replacements.