Classic rock tone with unique modern features, the two channel Peavey Butcher amplifier head features five 12AX7 preamp tubes and four EL34 power amp tubes. Both the Clean and Crunch channels feature independent three-band EQ, plus channel volume and preamp gain controls so guitarists can adjust the interplay between the preamp and power amp on each channel for an array of gain possibilities.
Peavey Butcher Guitar Amplifier Head
- Two channels
- Clean and Crunch
- 4xEL34 100 watt power section and 5x12AX7 preamp tubes
- Separate three band EQ on each channel
- Global presence control
- Two Master Volume controls for additional boost capabilities
- 12-way punch control on channel 2
- Pre-Gain boost switch on both channels
- Built in MSDI microphone simulated direct XLR output
- Active effects loop with send and return level
- Impedance selector
- Half Power switch
- MIDI control capability
- Included footswitch controls channel, boosts, loop and master volume switching
Both channels include a separate, footswitchable gain boost, while the Crunch channel also has a 12-way Punch selector that adjusts the low-end attack of the amplifier a handy feature that helps match the head to various playing styles at different levels of gain.
The master section widens the range of possibilities with two footswitchable master volumes, so players can set one as a default and use the second as a solo boost and a Presence control that boosts the extreme high frequencies, giving the amp extra cut.
On the rear panel, the built-in Peavey MSDI microphone-simulated XLR direct interface eliminates the need for miking by allowing users to send the amp's signal directly to a recording device or mixing console.
Additional controls include an active effects loop with send and return level control, an impedance selector and a half-power switch, allowing you to rock the Butcher in either 50-watt or 100-watt mode.