Ideal for small to medium-sized live sound applications, the PVXp 10 powered PA speaker packs a punch at a great price! The two-way design features a heavy-duty Pro 10 10-inch woofer and a RX 10N dynamic compression driver for impressive sound coverage and clarity. 400 watts total available power is perfect for bands, DJs, churches, installations, meeting rooms and more!
The lightweight yet rugged injection-molded plastic enclosure with molded-in stand mount cup facilitates portable use for live music or PA sound. The trapezoidal cabinet has two handles for ease of portability, and an extra 45-degree angled section on the right side to allow use as a floor monitor. Four sets of flying/mounting points, two on the top, and two on the bottom, with a total of 10 cabinet inserts, provide for the ultimate in installation flexibility.
Peavey PVXp 10 Powered PA Speaker Features
- 10 inch Heavy-duty woofer
- RX 10N compression driver, with 1 inch diaphragm
- Ultra-reliable fan-cooled power amps with DDT
- 400 watts peak available power
- Patented Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology, 100 by 50 degree coverage
- Asymmetrical horn aims the sound down to 10 degrees, at the audience, not over their heads
- Thru output is via an XLR and 1/4 inch TRS phone jack
- Durable plastic injection-molded trapezoidal enclosure
- Full coverage heavy-duty perforated steel grilles, with powder coat finish
- Pole mount molded-in for 1 3/8 inch diameter poles
- Top and bottom flying point inserts
- Input is via a combo female XLR and 1/4 inch TRS phone jack with balanced input
- Two-way bi-amped sound reinforcement enclosure
- Extra angled section on right side allows floor monitor use
The heavy-duty 10 inch woofer provides a good strong low end for such a compact enclosure. The RX 10N compression driver tweeter is coupled to a constant directivity horn with smooth, even response, low distortion and good high frequency dispersion. This horn has an asymmetrical vertical polar response, aiming the main energy lobe down 10 degrees, so it is aimed at the audience, instead of over their heads. The vertical polar pattern is +25 degrees, -35 degrees to reduce ceiling reflections for greater clarity.
The PVXp 10 speaker power amplifiers providing the bi-amplification are low-distortion ultra-reliable fan-cooled. The power supply for both amps is a switch mode type for low weight and high efficiency. Both amps feature Peavey’s DDT compression, which virtually eliminates audible clipping. Cooling is provided via a low-noise fan, for reliable operation under any conditions.
Input is via a combo female XLR and 1/4 inch TRS phone jack with balanced input to the preamp/EQ electronics, and a level control. A Thru output has an XLR and a TRS 1/4 inch phone jack connector. These outputs allow linking of additional speaker systems, or feed of the signal to a powered subwoofer, etc.
The cabinet of the PVXp10 speaker system has multiple mounting fly points, providing outstanding versatility in permanent install use. Two pairs of M10 inserts are molded-in on the top and bottom, and a set of four M8 inserts is available on the top and bottom, in the pattern used for the Peavey VM70 mounting bracket. This is a total of 12 mounting inserts in all. All of these inserts have retaining hardware on the inside of the plastic cabinet, providing a more reliable and safe mode of mounting the cabinet.