The Peavey SP 218BX PA Subwoofer delivers high output, low distortion bass from two 18 inch Pro Rider woofers mounted in a vented enclosure. Peavey designed the passive SP 218BX sub to deliver hard hitting bass in a rugged, road worthy, portable package. The enclosure of the SP 218BX is constructed of a hardwood panel coated with Peavey’s heavy-duty HammerHead UV stabilized polyurea finish for increased durability and ruggedness.
Peavey SP 218BX PA Subwoofer Features
- Two 18 inch Pro Rider Black Widow speakers with advanced cooling system, large 4 inch voice coil with edge-wound aluminum wire and Kevlar composite cone
- Patented asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology that helps deliver pristine, precise sound
- HammerHead durable covering material
- Casters are mounted to assist in portability
- Full-length, wrap-around perforated steel grill
- Pole mount for support of a high-pass enclosure
The Peavey SP 218BX sub feature patented asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology that helps deliver pristine, precise sound, Black Widow loudspeakers with Kevlar-impregnated cones, 4 inch ribbon-wire voice coils and exclusive field-replaceable baskets. Titanium compression drivers with ferrofluid cooling ensure reliable performance.
The Pro Rider drivers in the Peavey SP 218BX sub deliver superior performance due to their advanced cooling system, large 4 inch voice coil with edge-wound aluminum wire and Kevlar composite cone. This design provides strong bass extension and high power handling to complement a full-range sound system.
Inputs at the rear of the Peavey SP218BX subwoofer consist of two 1/4 inch jacks, one four-pin twist lock connector and one Neutrik Speakon switching jack. The enclosure input is configurable, with the default being 4 ohms with both drivers in parallel when using the parallel inputs. A dual-woofer 2 x 8 ohm configuration is available through the switching Neutrik jack, which disconnects the 4 ohm inputs and provides separate inputs to the woofers when used.