The Peavey SP 4BX PA Speaker is a very powerful, quasi-three way, bi-ampable passive loudspeaker that is designed to tackle anything from the club to the stage and beyond! Two 15 inch BWX Black Widow speakers provide fantastic bass and low-mid response while the RX22 compression drive with ferrofluid cooling produces clean, articulate highs with no harshness. The Peavey SP 4BX is the perfect speaker for anyone who needs a durable, versatile, powerful, portable passive PA speaker.
Peavey SP 4BX PA Speaker Features
- Quasi-three-way, full-range, bi-ampable sound reinforcement system
- 2000 watts program, 4000 watts peak
- Patented Asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology
- Patented Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System
- Sound Guard III tweeter protection
- Two 15 inch BWX Black Widow 4 inch voice coil woofers
- Asymmetrical horn aims the sound down 10 degrees, at the audience, not over their heads
- Full-range inputs include a Neutrik Speakon 4 pin jack and two 1/4 inch phone jacks
- Bi-amp capability via internal wiring jumper
- Trapezoidal enclosure
- HammerHead durable covering material
- RX 22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- Casters are incorporated for improved portability
The Peavey SP 4BX speaker enclosure features patented asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology that helps deliver pristine, precise sound. Black Widow loudspeakers with Kevlar-impregnated cones, 4 inch ribbon-wire voice coils and exclusive field-replaceable baskets are the ultimate for frequent use. Other features include Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System and titanium compression drivers with ferrofluid cooling.
The horn on the Peavey SP4BX has an asymmetrical vertical polar response, aiming the main energy lobe down 10 degrees so it is aimed at the audience instead of over their heads. This reduces ceiling reflections, ensuring greater clarity and gain before feedback. The RX22 driver features the Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System which provides a smooth and extended high frequency response.
Full-range input connection to the SP4BX speaker is made via two 1/4 inch phone jacks and a four-pin twist lock connector in parallel, and bi-amping flexibility is provided via an internal jumper that can be accessed by unscrewing and removing the input cup.
The internal passive crossover within the SP 4BX features the Peavey-exclusive Sound Guard protection circuit for the tweeter and an advanced topology crossover with high-performance components to provide high power handling and reliability. Sound Guard provides long- and medium-term driver overload protection without impairing musical transients or dynamics on either the midrange or the tweeter when the system is used full range or when it is bi-amped.
The crossover provides driver roll-off and protection as well as driver EQ for the woofer and horn for a clean, clear and smooth response. High-quality, reliable crossover components include polypropylene capacitors and high-current inductors. The optimal integration of the crossover with the selected drivers results in a smooth frequency response from 52 Hz to 17 kHz.