The Peavey SP 5BX PA Speaker is a two-way speaker system that is built to take all the rigors of the road and produce powerful, articulate sound. Comprised of a high output 15 inch Scorpion Plus HO woofer with a Kevlar-impregnated cone and an RX 22 compression driver loaded onto a patented Quadratic Throat Waveguide, the Peavey SP 5BX speaker is an incredibly durable speaker designed for frequent use.
Peavey SP 5BX PA Speaker Features
- Two-way, full-range sound reinforcement system
- 15 inch Scorpion woofer with field-replaceable basket
- Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology that helps deliver pristine, precise sound
- 800 watts program, 1600 watts peak
- RX 22 compression driver with ferrofluid cooling
- Patented Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System
- Sound Guard III tweeter protection
- Full-range inputs include a Neutrik Speakon 4 pin jack and two 1/4 inch phone jacks
- Trapezoidal shape reduces the buildup of standing waves
- HammerHead durable covering material
- Stand-mount adapter for use with a speaker stand
- Patented Asymmetrical Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology
The Peavey SP 5BX has a trapezoidal-shaped enclosure, which reduces the buildup of standing waves inside the enclosure to minimize mid-bass and midrange coloration. The enclosure is constructed of a hardwood panel coated with Peavey’s heavy-duty HammerHead UV stabilized polyurea finish for increased durability and ruggedness. A full-length, wrap-around perforated steel grill protects the front of the SP 5BX. A built-in SA-1 stand-mount adapter accommodates speaker stand use.
The low frequencies of the Peavey SP5BX speaker are supplied by a 15 inch Scorpion Plus HO woofer with a Kevlar-impregnated cone and a highly linear suspension. The high frequencies are handled by a 2 inch RX 22 titanium diaphragm compression driver utilizing ferrofluid cooling. This superb driver is coupled to a Quadratic Throat Constant Directivity Waveguide to provide smooth, even response, low distortion and good high frequency dispersion.
The horn in the SP 5BX has an asymmetrical vertical polar response, aiming the main energy lobe down 10 degrees so it is aimed at the audience instead of over their heads. This helps reduce ceiling reflections, ensuring greater clarity and gain before feedback. The RX22 driver features the Radialinear Planar Phase Correction System which provides smooth and extended high frequency response.
Input connection to the Peavey SP 5BX is made via two 1/4 inch phone jacks and one four-pin twist lock connector in parallel. The internal passive crossover features Sound Guard III tweeter protection circuit and an advanced topology crossover with high-performance components to provide high power handling and reliability.