Pioneer CDJ900 DJ MP3 CD Player
Adapting to today's variety of media formats, Pioneer's CDJ900 CD MP3 Turntable enables playback of MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF audio files from CDs and USB memory devices. A USB port located on top of the turntable enables DJs to quickly connect an external storage device such as a Tonium Pacemaker or a hard drive packed with music files, minimizing the need to bring a laptop computer to performances.
Pioneer CDJ900 CD MP3 Player Features
Pro DJ Link
- Multi Format Playback - MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF files on CD and USB memory devices
- Slip Mode - Creates smoother transitions
- Advanced Auto Beat Loop - Four-beat loop at a touch of a button
- Provides more time for DJs to blend in transitioning music
- MIDI - Assign various buttons of the CDJ900 to trigger other devices
- Including DJ effecters and software with MIDI mapping capability
- Free Rekordbox Music Management Software Included
The CDJ900 CD MP3 turntables feature Pioneer Pro DJ Link enabling up to four CDJ2000/900s to be connected via the Link Port to share a single hard drive, USB drive and/or SD memory card. Once linked, thCDJ900 gives DJs the ability to quickly find, display and choose the music file from a connected source through the CDJ’s built-in display and control knobs. A quick turn of the knob lets DJs scroll through created files and folders and a push of the knob confirms the song choice.
Pioneer's CDJ900 CD MP3 Player features a 24-bit/48 kHz sound card and HID and MIDI control compatibility via USB port. Up to 35 controls on the surface of each player can be used to trigger other devices, such as DJ effecters and software by way of HID and/or MIDI. The HID controls were implemented into the player for superior interfacing with software, faster communication speed over MIDI, audio/visual streaming and two-way information on the display. HID enables easy, precise and native control of DVS systems such as Serato Scratch Live, Native Instruments’ Traktor series and MixVibes Cross2 without the need for time-coded discs.
For more accurate tempo control while mixing, the Pioneer CDJ900 CD MP3 Player is enhanced with increased frame increments of 0.5 frames that allow the DJ to set a cue point or loop point with more precision. To achieve the highest sound quality, the Pioneer added the audio industry's highly respected Wolfson DAC processor, delivering a very transparent, accurate audio signal resulting in a highly improved signal-to-noise ratio and increased headroom.
Pioneer CDJ900 turntables include rekordbox software, Pioneer’s proprietary music management software that organizes and catalogs a DJ's entire music library. When music files are imported to rekordbox, the software analyzes each file and prepares them for use specifically with the CDJ turntable.
Pioneer Rekordbox Software Features
- BPM/Tempo information for each song is identified and processed into rekordbox
- for use by the DJ in preparing and performing a set
- The waveform of each song is identified and then displayed on the bottom screen
- for quick data visualization
- Edit and customize the file information to performance needs
- The Quantizing feature sets cue points and loops perfectly on-beat
- Ensures cue points are set accurately and automatically
- Corrects and synching beats during manual looping or a real-time cueing
- Prevents off beat mistakes
- Prepare and customize cues and loops as well as create and manage hot cue banks
- Create, edit and manage customized playlists for various performances
DJs can transfer analyzed music files to their preferred storage media and play them directly from the CDJ turntable. The software offers song information that can be viewed easily during performances on the CDJ’s large display to quickly search and access content by genre, title, BPM, etc. Also, as analyzed tracks are played through the CDJ product, the turntable automatically creates and saves a play history enabling DJs to review past performances on their PCs.