The Pioneer DJM 5000 Rackmount Pro DJ Mixer equals roadworthy ruggedness, versatility, innovation, and excellent quality that delivers the much needed drive. The Pioneer DJM 5000 is a MIDI enabled four channel pro DJ mixer that can deliver 24-bit/96-kHz audio resolution for sampling. Instant Mac/PC connectivity can be attributed to its built-in sound card. Other features offered include three microphone inputs, advanced talk over, two output modes, and the Sound Maximizer.
Pioneer DJM 5000 Pro DJ Mixer Features:
- Digital Input: Two digital inputs allow the user to connect digital sources with digital outputs for the best possible signal quality without deterioration of the content.
- Peak Level Meter: Each channel features a multi-colored, 10-segment / per channel LED meter to quickly view audio levels at a glance
- 3-Band EQ: Equipped with a 3-band (High, Mid, Low) equalizer on each channel, the sound can be adjusted from –26dB to +6dB
- Cross Fader Assign: Users can easily assign channel output via the cross fader for increased flexibility
- Cross Fader Curve Adjust: Allows the curve of the cross fader to be adjusted to any of three patterns
- Fader Start Play: The mixer can automatically start/cue a connected device such as Pioneer’s CDJ or MEP players by simply sliding the cross fader or channel fader
- Rackmount size: The mixer is a 5U by 19 inches wide rackmount size allowing for a variety of rackmount installation applications, ideal for clubs and studios
Two flexible output modes are possible: multizone and standard. In multizone mode, the mixer outputs can be dedicated to multiple output sources that may be distributed to two different areas or rooms. In standard mode, all four outputs are routed into one area.
An innovative technology from Pioneer, the Advanced Talk Over automatically attenuates mid-range/vocal frequencies of the music being played while the microphone is in use. This allows the DJ or MC using the Pioneer DJM 5000 to make various announcements in the dance floor without the need to lower down the volume of the music being played to keep the party alive. This feature is dedicated to one of the DJM 5000's three microphone inputs. The other two inputs are independent of the Advanced Talk Over feature. Each of these microphone channels has independent volume, three-band EQ, and can be processed with built-in effects.
Superior audio quality is attributed to the DJM 5000's 24-bit/96-kHz audio resolution as well as 32-bit digital signal processor. Having a shorter signal path, the DJM 5000 DJ mixer is virtually interference free. If the DJ is using compressed audio file formats such as MP3 or Ogg Vorbis, the Sound Maximizer feature can be utilized to boost up low and high frequencies.
Control issues are not a problem as the Pioneer DJM 5000 has a six-channel (three stereo pairs) USB audio interface. Direct connection to a computer is a simple as hooking it up with a USB cable between a computer and the interface without the need for an additional sound card, which also makes the DJM 5000 DJ mixer an impressive MIDI controller with 61 of the 73 buttons, knobs, and sliders can all be assigned to transmit MIDI data via USB.
The Pioneer DJM 5000 Pro DJ Mixer will instantly complement the Pioneer MEP 7000 and SEP C1 entertainment systems.