Pioneer EFX 1000 DJ Effects Processor
The Pioneer EFX 1000 DJ Effects Processor is the first to offer DJs the best audio quality possible, with a 24-bit/96kHz digital-sampling system. The bypass function in the EFX 1000 lets you process the effects with their original sound quality, which results in better audio quality in your mix. The EFX 1000 processor provides a wide range of sound effects, up to 49 effects (when used with a beat effector), and 32- bit digital sound processing power in an easy to use system. The EFX-1000 offers more than the usual range of sound effects, including: Delay, Echo, Pitch Echo, Trans, Flanger, Filter and Phaser. For the first time in the industry, this product enables the DJ to beat match in sync with a pre-programmed rhythm. Alternately, the EFX-1000 will measure beats per minute and beat match in sync with the tempo of the music. The user can select multiple frequency ranges (High, Mid, Low), vastly improving the musical expression compared with existing full-range effectors.
The large, easy-to-manipulate Digital Jog Break lets the user control sound effects including: Jet, Wah, Phase, Shifter Ring, Zip, Humanizer and Vocoder. The DJ can set a hold switch to maintain the sound effect, freeing up a hand. The Jog Memory Play memorizes and reproduces the dial’s movements either once or in a continuous loop. The balance of the effects as well as the depth of the original sound can also be modified.
With its impressive range of powerful effects and features, the EFX-1000 gives DJs even more scope for creativity in their sets and studio work. The enhanced audio quality is particularly critical for the studio market as well as for those performers who can only have their name associated with the best.
Pioneer EFX-1000 Features
- Depth Knob to adjust the strength and depth of effects.
- Character Knob to change the parameter of the effects.
- Mix Knob to change the balance of the original sound and effected sound.
- Signal Flow Switch to change the signal path of the sound. This allows the DJ to create 49 patterns of effects in combination with the Beat Effect and Digital Jog Break.
- A Bypass Switch will directly output the input sound without other effects.
- A Momentary On/Lock On Switch enables smooth transitions.
- A Level Meter Control Knob easily adjusts the sound level.
- An optional Foot Switch can turn effects on or off.
The EFX-1000 can be connected to other compatible musical instruments through a MIDI In/Out terminal. It can be connected with Pioneer’s CD or DVD mixers through a digital link connection.
The high-fidelity design features 24-bit/96 kHz A/D and D/A signal converters along with a 32-bit DSP, allowing the addition of effects without lowering the original sound quality. A signal bypass function has also been incorporated.
3 Band Beat Effector
1) Beat effects [BPM mode] The EFX-1000 is equipped with the same automatic BPM counter/beat effector made popular by the EFX-500, which allows effect processing on single selected bands in sync with the track tempo (BPM), for greater expressive possibilities than with conventional all-band effectors.
Digital Jog Break Function
2) Beat effects [RHYTHM mode] This industry-first rhythm effector lets you apply effects in sync with a rhythm you input yourself. With the capability of a far wider range of unique effects compared to previous beat effectors, you have the potential for a new level of DJ performance.
The jog dial allows real-time control of effect sounds. Up to eight seconds of jog function can be stored in memory for automated replay. In addition to single memory plaback there is a loop mode for stored jog motion playback. When used in combination with the beat effector, up to 49 effects can be created.
MIDI IN/OUT Function
External MIDI signals (control signals and timing clock signals) can be used to control the effector and as a medium for using the effector to control a sequencer or other MIDI component.
Digital Link Function
A variety of functions can be performed by using the dedicated digital link cable to connect this unit to a Pioneer DJ mixer (DJM-1000) with digital link support.
Equipped with digital IN/OUT connectors at 24-bit/96 kHz sampling, the EFX-1000 allows for use in-studio track creation and other applications where high sound quality is demanded.
Pioneer’s Pro DJ series of products has received a worldwide reputation for innovative digital technologies that set the standard in the market. As the number of DJs, both pro and amateur, continues to increase, Pioneer will continue to develop products to realize various special effects and that offer exceptional sound quality, reliability and playability. The company’s Pro DJ products provide a whole new way of enjoying music by meeting the wide-ranging needs of professional and amateur DJs and that vitalize both the Club DJ and Studio markets.