Pioneer S-DJ80X Active Reference Studio Monitor
For DJs looking for the best possible sound while creating music, the Pioneer S-DJ80X Active Reference Studio Monitor is the ultimate choice! 160 watts of total power through an 8-inch aramid fiber woofer and 1-inch soft dome tweeter along with some incredible technology to improve low end response make the S-DJ80X powered speaker perfect for dance music.
Pioneer S-DJ80X Active Reference Studio Monitor Features
Powerful bass sound thanks to strong enclosures
- 8-inch aramid fiber woofer and 1-inch soft dome tweeter
- 160 total watts for an impressive output
- Equipped with a wide range of input ports (XLR, TRS phone, RCA)
- Built-in equalization
- Highly rigid MDF construction provides increased bass response
- Tweeters have convex diffusers which partition mid-range sound into left, right and upper regions, for a wide sweet spot
- Well-balanced frequency response across all regions thanks to Class AB bi-amps in the tweeter and woofer
- Grooves are installed in the bass reflex duct parts to improve air flow
- Auto Standby mode reduces power consumption by switching power to stand-by if there is no input over a set period of time
In addition to using highly rigid MDF for the enclosure and bass reflex duct parts, the S-DJ80X’s woofer units are directly mounted on extremely 33mm thick MDF inner baffles, which limits unnecessary resonance and produces a powerful bass sound.
Air flow in bass reflex duct optimized with Groove Technology
Grooves are installed in the bass reflex duct parts to improve air flow with “Groove Technology” that smoothly emits low frequency sounds from the front of the speaker. This makes it possible to output strong drum kick and bass sounds. The design also features other details making these speakers ideal for dance music, including round processing inside the ducts to reduce noise.
Convex diffuser installed in tweeters
The tweeters in the Pioneer S-DJ80X monitors have been installed with convex diffusers using ‘DECO’ technology from the TAD Labs ‘TAD Pro TSM-2201-LR’ monitor speaker as used in professional studios. The convex diffuser partitions mid-range sound into left, right and upper regions, which ensures a wide sweet spot and 3D stereo. The diffuser also features an arc-shaped white illumination in the style of an expanse of sound.
Driver design for high response and powerful music performance
High response and powerful music performance is achieved with woofer cones made from aramid fiber, which is lightweight and highly rigid, and strong magnetic circuits using large-aperture magnets. Soft dome tweeters use magnetic fluid in the magnetic circuit, which results in balanced, wide-reaching high frequencies.