PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL USB Audio Interface
The 4-in, 4-out Presonus AudioBox 44VSL USB Audio Interface gives you the same near-zero-latency signal processing as PreSonus' 16.0.2 digital mixer plus reverb and delay, EQ, compression, limiting, and high-pass filter on all inputs and playback streams. A great choice for small bands and home recording, AudioBox 44VSL is compact, ruggedly built, and works with virtually any recording software. It boasts Class A XMAX mic preamps and 24-bit, 96 kHz converters and comes with PreSonus' Studio One Artist DAW (Mac/Windows).
Save $140.80 on this complete PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL Package!
Presonus AudioBox 44VSL USB Audio Interface Features
- PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL USB Audio Interface
- Two PreSonus Eris E5 Powered Studio Monitors
- SM Pro Audio Active Speaker Starter Pack with Nano Patch Plus Volume Controller, 2 x Isolation Pads and 4 XLR to TRS cables
- See dropdown selection to select this option
- 24-bit /96 kHz, 4 x 4, USB 2.0 recording interface
- 4 Class A XMAX mic / instrument preamps
- 2 instrument inputs
- 2 balanced line inputs
- Balanced main L/R outputs
- 4 balanced line outputs
- Near-zero-latency monitoring with full effects and processing
- VSL (Virtual Studio Live): 8 x 4 ultra-low-latency software mixer with StudioLive 16.0.2 Fat Channel dynamics processing and EQ for each analog input and DAW return, plus two stereo effects buses with reverb and delay
- Over 50 Fat Channel processor presets for enhancing instrument and vocal recordings
- Analog monitor mixing with playback / input mix-control knob
- Clip lights for each channel
- USB Sync LED
- MIDI I/O
- Headphone amplifier
- Globally switchable phantom power
- Rugged metal chassis
- Rack-mountable in 1/2 rack space
- External 12 VDC power supply included
- Includes Studio One Artist software with unlimited track count and over 4GB of third-party resources
Thanks to the power of VSL, the AudioBox 44VSL includes an 8x4 software mixer. As a result, with just an AudioBox 44VSL and your laptop or other computer running VSL, you can mix a studio session or a live show featuring, say, a guitar duo with vocals, a small band, a DJ rig with mixer and stereo synthesizer, or a panel discussion - all while monitoring and recording with or without real-time processing! And you can do it simply and easily, with no hardware mixer, no outboard effects rack, and minimal wiring, thanks to the tight integration between PreSonus hardware and software.
To top it off, the PreSonus AudioBox 44VSL features 24-bit, 96 kHz recording and top-of-the-line PreSonus XMAX preamps.
What’s so great about effects and processing on monitors?
Musicians rely on aural cues when performing, and their performance can vary depending on what they hear in their monitors. Adding just the right amount of compression, EQ, and reverb can make a huge difference in their ability to hear themselves clearly and to experience their performance as if it occurred in a natural space rather than in the artificial sonic environment of the studio. The result is a better performance and ultimately a better recording.
Fortunately, Presonus’ engineering wizards have dramatically reduced processing delay in the AudioBox 44VSL interface. The result: dynamics processing, EQ, reverb, and effects that feel real, with no audible delay. And if you like what you hear, you can record with AudioBox 44VSL effects, too! These are the same high-quality dynamics processors and EQs that professional musicians, engineers, and producers record with every day.
Great processors are a PreSonus tradition
Presonus didn’t invent the first audio interface with effects. They simply did it better and for less money. Sure, some interface manufacturers that don’t normally make signal processors have added a compressor, EQ and a few effects to their interfaces. But the AudioBox 44VSL provides all that, plus a separate limiter, expander, and high-pass filter.
Of great importance, thanks to VSL’s drag-and-drop convenience, adding processing and creating and loading presets is easy. Pro-level processing and superior ease of use mean you’ll get better results and have more fun!
Compact and rugged, the AudioBox 44VSL interface offers two convenient front-panel mic/instrument combo inputs and two mic/instrument combo inputs, global phantom power, and a total of six line-level outputs. It sports the same high-headroom, Class A XMAX preamps as the StudioLive mixers and has 24-bit, 96 kHz converters with 114 dB dynamic range for clear, clean audio. And it boasts PreSonus’ legendary 120 mW headphone output, which is loud enough to explode the oysters in a Po’-Boy sandwich.
The superior sound of PreSonus preamplifiers has long been a major reason that so many audio professionals prefer PreSonus interfaces. The XMAX is the finest solid-state preamplifier Presonus makes, offering three key advantages:
- 1. High Voltage. The XMAX preamplifier runs on power rails of 30V. Most off-the-shelf, op-amp-based designs run on power rails of 10V to 18V. Higher-voltage power rails deliver more headroom, deeper lows, smoother highs, and a richer overall sound.
- 2. Discrete components - not op-amps. Presonus only uses genuine transistors, resistors, and capacitors for ultra-low noise and transparency. Op-amps add noise, coloration, and harshness to a signal.
- 3. Class A circuitry. Class A circuits have no crossover distortion and deliver purer, clearer, and more musical results than the Class AB designs that are found in many preamps.
The net result of the XMAX preamp design is high headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range, extended frequency response, and musicality and transparency, with smooth highs; solid, deep lows; and everything in between.
Built for the rigors of the road
PreSonus gear has a well-earned reputation for extreme roadworthiness, and the AudioBox 44VSL is no exception. It employs a heavy-duty steel case that is every bit as rugged as that of the smaller AudioBox 22VSL and original AudioBox USB - the unit Presonus famously stomped, kicked, and drove over with a full-size truck before using it to make a very nice recording. And it fits in a half-rackspace and can be screw-mounted to a standard rack tray (not included).
The flexibility and power of software
VSL enables you to easily manage the processing and mixing from your Mac or Windows PC and provides editor/librarian functions, making it simple to create and use a library of presets. To get you started, Presonus has included the same library of more than 50 Fat Channel presets that comes with StudioLive mixers. These presets were created by professional musicians and engineers and let you instantly set up dynamics processing and EQ for vocals, guitar, and much more.
Seamlessly integrated with the included Studio One Artist DAW and VSL, the AudioBox 44VSL interface works with virtually all Mac and Windows audio-recording software. And unlike most things nowadays, it’s very easy on your budget.
So get the next-generation USB 2.0 interface that gives you real-time, low-latency effects; rock-solid construction; software mixing; and high-end audio for low-end prices: AudioBox 44VSL!