The PreSonus FIREBOX is a compact yet powerful FireWire recording system with the ability to record and playback six inputs and ten outputs simultaneously at professional-grade 24-bit/96k resolution. The PreSonus FIREBOX is housed in a compact 1/3U wide tough little metal chassis which also fits in the PreSonus MaxRack Rack-mounting System. The FIREBOX includes two high quality PreSonus microphone/ instrument preamplifiers, two analog line inputs, six balanced analog line outputs, headphone output as well as SPDIF and MIDI input/output.
For enhanced portability, the FIREBOX can be powered by either a six-pin FireWire connector or the included external power supply. The FIREBOX ships complete with Steinberg’s Cubase LE 48-track audio production software.
PreSonus FIREBOX Features
- High-Speed FireWire Network Audio Interface
- Plug and play FireWire (IEEE 1394) audio interface
- 24-Bit / 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96K sample rate
- Record/playback 6 inputs/10 outputs at 24-bit/96K
- 2 PreSonus microphone/instrument preamplifiers
- 2 analog line inputs, 6 analog line outputs
- S/PDIF input/output
- MIDI input/output
- Low latency monitoring
- Headphone output
- Powered via FireWire bus or externally
- Software router/mixer
- Windows and Macintosh compatible
- Fits MAXRACK rack mounting system
- Free! Cubase LE audio production software included on all versions
- Free! Sony Vegas Movie Studio and VASST Training DVD! an exciting audio and video editing software with a comprehensive training DVD that will teach you how to become a Vegas Movie Studio pro in no time. (included on #PRS FIREBOX PAK).
The PreSonus FIREBOX is the most powerful 24-bit/96k FireWire recording interface that fits in the palm of your hand.The FIREBOX is a complete 24bit-96k personal recording studio combining two high quality PreSonus microphone/instrument preamplifiers, 24-bit/96k sample rate and Steinberg's Cubase LE 48-track recording software. The perfect hardware and software combination for a professional quality powerful yet compact personal computer-based studio.
The FIREBOX has the highest record/playback track count of its size with the ability to record 6 inputs and playback through 10 outputs simultaneously. Two ultra low noise high-headroom microphone/instrument preamplifers with separate trim control and 48V phantom power are on the front panel for quickly and easily connecting your favorite microphones and instruments. The FIREBOX also includes a high quality stereo headphone output with volume adjustment
on the front panel. Two additional balanced TRS line inputs are located on the rear of the FIREBOX along with six balanced TRS line outputs. Two channels of SPDIF input/output and MIDI input/output are also included via DB9 breakout cable. FIREBOX comes with a software router/mixer to control your inputs and outputs in the computer. The 1/3U wide metal chassis of the FIREBOX is designed to fit the MAXRACK system from PreSonus and can be racked with the TubePRE, COMP16, EQ3B and HP4 for a neat and compact computer recording system.
Additionally, the FIREBOX can be powered by a computer that provides 6-pin FireWire bus power, or powered by an external power transformer. The FIREBOX is also equipped with a second FireWire port making it possible to connect a FIREBOX or a FIREPOD to your system for additional inputs and outputs.
The FIREBOX comes ready-to-record with Steinberg's Cubase LE 48-track 24-bit/96K recording software, and is also compatible with many popular ASIO/WDM and Core Audio
Software: Cubase LE
Cubase LE is the new music production software based on awardwinning Cubase SX technology featuring 48 audio tracks, VST plug-ins and full VSTi support. Cubase LE combines powerful audio and MIDI recording features with professional editing and effects. Cubase LE and all included plug-ins are compatible with both Mac and PC systems. In addtion, you can upgrade Cubase LE to the full version of Cubase at any time. Cubase LE is the perfect entry into professional recording software giving you the ability to produce professional level recordings right-away, and giving you a system that you can expand into the future!
PreSonus ProPak Software Suite
The ProPak gives you everything you need to get started producing music immediately. The ProPak comes with recording software, real-time plug-in effects as well as over 2 GB of drum loops and samples giving a powerful bundle of software tools for music production.
- Steinberg Cubase LE - Audio recording, sequencing and production software
- Minnetonka Diskwelder Bronze - high definition DVD-Audio authoring software (limited to five burns)
- Audio Damage - FuzzPlus2, Filterpod plug-ins
- Cycling'74 Pluggo Jr. - Average Injector, Chamberverb, Feedback Network, Filter Taps, Generic Effect, HF Ring Mod, Jet, Limi, Nebula, Resonation, Resosweep, Spectral Filter.
- Camel Audio Camel Crusher - Distortion Compressor plug-in
- Voxengo - SPAN, Boogex, EssEQ, OldSkoolVerb, Tempo Delay and Tube Amp plug-ins.
Audio Samples and MIDI Loops
- Discrete Drums Sampler - over 2GB of drum loops and drum samples 100 Sony ACID Loops - great for song-writing and production
- Keyfax Twiddly bits - 100 MIDI drum loops created by real drummers