PreSonus FireStudio Mobile FireWire Audio Interface
A studio-quality FireWire interface that you can use anywhere, The PreSonus FireStudio Mobile offers superior analog-circuit design, advanced platform technology used in the acclaimed FireStudio rack-mount interfaces and the ability to run on bus power in field applications. Enhanced audio performance for music recording and creation is as mobile as your laptop!
Presonus FireStudio Mobile Features
The Most Inputs of Any Mobile Interface
- 8 analog input channels, including mic, line, and instrument inputs
- 2 front-panel mic/instrument inputs with Class A XMAX mic preamps
- 6 line-level inputs
- Individual channel-trim controls -30 to +50 dBV line; -10 to +70 dBu mic gain range
- Full 48V phantom power for condenser microphones
- Headphone jack with level control and Main-output gain control
- 3-segment, fast-acting LED input metering
- Power/Sync LED (indicates unit is synced to word clock)
- Studio One Artist digital audio workstation software included
- Dual FireWire 400 ports as well as S/PDIF and MIDI in/out
- 24-bit resolution and up to 96 kHz sampling rate
- High-definition A/D/A converters (+118 dBu dynamic range)
- JetPLL Jitter Elimination Technology (improved stereo imaging and clarity)
- Zero-latency monitoring via 10x3 DSP matrix mixer/router
- Mac/PC-compatible up to OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and Windows 7
- 1/3U rack-mountable (with optional 3UMR rack-mounting system)
- Road-rugged construction with shockproof, reinforced metal chassis
- Sealed rotary controls
- Military-grade circuit board
- Chassis-mounted input/output sockets
- Full EMI shielding
- Powered via FireWire bus or included 12 VDC external power supply
- Includes Studio One Artist and Universal Control Software
- Free! Presonus Studio One Artist
- Daisy-chainable with the PreSonus FireStudio family of products
The FireStudio Mobile is a ten-input, six-output professional recording system that combines two PreSonus XMAX Class A microphone preamplifiers; six line-level, analog input channels; S/PDIF digital input and output; MIDI I/O; and headphone monitoring with separate gain control. The FireStudio Mobile beats any and all competition when it comes to flexibility and input count. You can record a whole band with the FireStudio Mobile.
48V Phantom Power
Offering full 48 volts of phantom power from your laptop, the FireStudio Mobile utilizes
XMAX Class-A microphone preamplifiers to boosts the level to almost 400 times that of the original signal.
Presonus FireStudio Mobile Preamps at a glance:
Ins and Outs
- High Voltage - The XMAX preamplifier runs on power rails of 30V.
- Discrete components, not op-amps.
- Class A circuits to deliver purer, clearer, and more musical results
- High headroom, low noise, wide dynamic range and extended frequency response
For a compact, portable unit, the FireStudio Mobile is loaded with I/O. We start with a pair of combination XLR/TS mic/instrument jacks, which are in the inputs for channels 1 and 2. The XLR mic inputs are routed to the aforementioned XMAX solid-state mic preamplifiers. The high-impedance, TS instrument inputs let you plug guitars or basses directly into the front panel.
On the back are 6 more balanced, 1/4-inch line level inputs for channels 3 through 8, plus a DB9 connector that accepts a breakout cable (included) to provide stereo S/PDIF digital I/O and MIDI I/O. You get two FireWire 400 ports: one port connects to your computer, and the other can be used to connect a hard drive or to daisy-chain any FireStudio-family interface, including the StudioLive 16.4.2 digital mixer, allowing you to integrate the FireStudio Mobile into a larger system.
Like all members of the PreSonus FireStudio family (including the StudioLive 16.4.2 mixer), the FireStudio Mobile comes bundled with Universal Control software. Universal Control is a powerful, flexible, and easy-to-use control-panel application that allows you to daisy-chain to up to four FireStudio family devices for a maximum of up to 52 inputs and outputs (assuming your computer can handle that many tracks).
Studio One Artist: Plus Gigabytes of Creative Resources
The FireStudio Mobile is bundled with an exceptional software package, featuring PreSonus Studio One Artist, the amazing new DAW software for Mac OS X and Windows XP and Vista that makes producing high-quality projects easier than ever before. As part of the Studio One Artist package, you get 20 new PreSonus Native Effects plug-ins and virtual instruments and a generous bundle of third-party loops, software, and instrument sounds.
Compare Studio One Artist and bundled extras to what comes with competing mobile interfaces:
- All-meat, no-bloat, music-creation software with an intuitive, practical, single-window interface
- Unlimited tracks, insert effects, sends, virtual instruments, buses, and effects channels
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Full-featured, flexible automation
- Powerful real-time auto/manual time-stretching and resampling engine
- Control Link (advanced MIDI mapping made easy)
- Twenty 32-bit Native Sound plug-ins, including reverbs, amp modeling, and EQ
- Four new virtual instruments, including a sampler and an analog-type subtractive synth
- Ability to control FireStudio Mobile’s software mixer to create zero-latency cue mixes.
Gigabytes of third-party resources, including Native Instruments Kore Player with custom SoundPack (150 instruments), Native Instruments Guitar Rig LE, Toontrack EZDrummer Lite, and over 1.4 GB of loops!