Improved Studio One Professional 2.6.2 Software
2.6.2 introduces support for Add-ons: program extensions, soundsets, plug-ins, and other assets exclusively for Studio One 2.6.2 and higher.
Also new in version 2.6.2:
The most recent ten autosaves are archived into the Versions list automatically
Autosave with Melodyne is much faster—a major performance improvement
Improved window handling ("always on top") in both Windows and Mac OS X
Take things to the next level with PreSonus Studio One Professional 2 Music Production Software
! Studio One Professional 2 vastly expands the capabilities and adds over 100 exciting features and enhancements without increasing complexity. 64-bit audio processing, fully licensed Melodyne Essential pitch correction included, and 31 Native Effects plug-ins are just a few great features to get excited about in PreSonus Studio One Professional 2!
PreSonus Studio One Professional 2 Software Features
New-Generation Audio Engine Under the Hood
- Elegant single-window work environment
- Community hub called Exchange for sharing user-created content including instrument and effects presets, FX Chains, Soundsets, and much more
- Create and share packages of content, including audio loops, MIDI loops, presets, and more with Soundset Builder
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Folder Tracks with Grouping and Busing
- Track List with presets and Mix Console link
- Content browser with search, user tabs, and preview player
- Single and multitrack comping
- Transient detection and editing with groove templates
- Drag-and-drop groove extraction
- Multitrack MIDI editing
- Track Transform (advanced freezing capability)
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- Easy-to-use sidechain routing
- Four stunning virtual instruments
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Real-time audio timestretching and resampling
- Compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or Core Audio-compliant audio interface
- Works with key commands from Pro Tools, Cubase, and Logic-or create your own key commands
- Includes a fully licensed version of Melodyne Essentials pitch correction
- 64-bit/32-bit (switchable) audio processing
- 31 Native Effects plug-ins, including improved Ampire XT amp modeling, OpenAIR convolution reverb, Dual Pan, and Tone Generator
- IR Maker impulse-response creation
- MP3 import and export
- AU, VST2, VST3, and ReWire support
- Integrated mastering suite with automatic mix updating, Red Book CD burning, digital release, project PQ editing, track split, and DDP export
- Export to SoundCloud
- QuickTime video playback and sync
Studio One Professional 2 employs a state-of-the-art audio engine that delivers incredibly clear, accurate sound. Studio One Professional 2 features a 64-bit floating-point version of this audio engine that automatically switches between 64- and 32-bit operation on the fly to accommodate 32-bit plug-ins. This means you always get the highest possible sound quality and blazing speed.
PreSonus Studio One provides you with a mixing console as complete and capable as any found in a commercial recording studio. There are no limits to the number of input channels, inserts, FX channels, subgroups, mix buses, and outputs you can employ. The only constraints are the number of hardware inputs and outputs in your audio interface and the limits of your computer system.
There’s also no limit to the number of processors and effects that you can employ, up to the limits of your computer system. Just drag-and-drop!
Studio One Professional 2 includes a fully licensed copy of Melodyne Essential! Considered the most sought-after pitch-correction solution in the market, Melodyne has been the model for proprietary solutions in several DAWs. Studio One 2 seamlessly integrates Melodyne so tightly that, for practical purposes, Melodyne is simply a part of Studio One.
PreSonus Exchange is a community hub for sharing user-created content. All registered Studio One users have access and can upload to and download from the Exchange. Instrument and effects presets, FX Chains, Soundsets, and much more are easily shared, with user ratings and comments showing the way to the best content the community has to offer.
Best of all, there’s no need to leave Studio One to visit the Exchange. Open the File Browser, click on the Exchange server, and all of the content is at your fingertips, with audio preview. When you find something great, just drag-and-drop, and Exchange automatically downloads the resources and loads them into your Song.
All of the bundled content provided by PreSonus has come in the form of Sound Sets. Now, we are giving users a free tool to create their own Soundsets for distribution to all other registered users through the Exchange via an extension called Sound Set Builder. This extension is now available to all registered Studio One users for immediate download from the Exchange.
With Sound Set Builder, any folder in the file browser can be made into a Studio One Sound Set, complete with a name, description, icon, and URL. This is an excellent way to create and share packages of content, including audio loops, MIDI loops, presets, and more. Sound Set Builder installs into Studio One quickly and easily by drag-and-drop.
For practical purposes, Melodyne is simply a part of Studio One. With one click, your audio opens in the Editor with the familiar Melodyne interface and capabilities. Hear your Melodyne edits in context with the rest of the arrangement, and when finished editing, easily render the audio in place. Furthermore, edits made in the arrangement are seamlessly synced in Melodyne.
Compatible and Easy to Configure
PreSonus Studio One Professional 2 is compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or Core Audio-compliant audio interface, including, of course, the entire line of PreSonus interfaces.
Studio One Professional 2 is packed with powerful professional editing features, including integrated Melodyne pitch correction, yet it lets you work quickly and easily, without wading through menus. Load and save audio clips, MIDI files, effects, and VIs by drag-and-drop. Import and export MP3s. Take advantage of multitrack comping, multitrack MIDI editing, and transient detection and editing with groove extraction. Import videos and create soundtracks. Use 31 bundled Native Effects plug-ins, third-party VST and AU plug-ins, and ReWire. Mix, master, burn CDs and DVDs, and upload to the Web, all within Studio One.
For those who want it all, PreSonus offers Studio One Professional 2, which has everything in Studio One Artist and Producer and adds the Project page, an integrated mastering solution; fully licensed Melodyne Essential pitch correction; SoundCloud support; Red Book CD burning; video playback and sync; and five more Native Effects plug-ins: Groove Delay, Multiband Dynamics, OpenAIR, Pipeline, and IR Maker.