PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2AI Digital Mixer
PreSonus takes the industry standard StudioLive to the next level with the AI series! The PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2AI Digital Mixer offers the classic feel and sound we all know and love and adds exciting new features including Active Integration for direct Wi-Fi and Ethernet networking, Capture 2.1 recording software, dual Fat Channels on every channel and bus, and so much more!
The StudioLive 16.4.2AI 16-channel digital mixer provides analog workflow with extensive dual signal processing on every channel and bus and an onboard 32x18 FireWire s800 interface. Active Integration technology provides direct Wi-Fi and Ethernet networking with a tightly integrated software suite for Mac, Windows, and iOS, including Capture 2.1 recording software with true Virtual Soundcheck mode and VSL-AI with Smaart System Check Wizards.
The StudioLive 16.4.2AI offers wireless or wired connectivity to any standard router and networks with Macs, PCs, and iOS devices running the StudioLive AI Software Library, which features VSL-AI with Smaart audio analysis, specialized iOS apps, Capture 2.1, and Studio One Artist 2.6 DAW.
This PreSonus mixer features an extensive analog patch bay for flexible connectivity; a 32x18 FireWire s800 interface for easy recording and virtual soundchecks; extensive dual signal processing on every channel and bus, with A/B comparison; and 16 dedicated mix buses for easy configuration. Best of all, all controls are one-to-one, so there are no layers to get lost in, and your main mix is always at your fingertips.
PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2AI Digital Mixer Features
Complete store and recall—instantly
- Dual Fat Channel signal processing on all 16 input channels and all buses
- 4-band semi-parametric EQ, compressor, gate, limiter, and more lets you A/B two complete Fat Channel settings
- Active Integration software suite includes Capture 2 with Virtual Soundcheck mode and remote StudioLive scene store/recall, Studio One Artist 2 with native Fat Channel plug-in and StudioLive scene compatibility, and Virtual StudioLive-AI with Smaart System Check Wizards and Spectra analysis on every channel and bus
- StudioLive Remote-AI mixer-control software for iPad available free from Apple App Store
- QMix -AI aux-control software for iPhone and iPod touch available free from Apple App Store
- One-to-one control over every parameter
- 12 dedicated mix outputs for easy configuration: 4 subgroups, 6 analog auxiliary buses, and stereo main mix with mono sum
- 4 stereo 32-bit digital effects processors with dedicated aux buses (two reverbs, two delays)
- 16 channel mic preamps, line inputs, analog inserts, and direct outputs for flexible connectivity
- 8 31-band graphic EQs (insertable on main and aux outputs)
- 32-in/18-out FireWire s800 recording interface (24-bit, 44.1 and 48 kHz), compatible with Core Audio and ASIO (Mac/Windows)
- Dedicated Ethernet port and USB 2.0 port for included Wi-Fi LAN adapter for wired or wireless connection to a wireless router
- Optional Thunderbolt, Dante, and AVB connectivity
Two factors work against getting that Perfect Mix with an analog mixer. First, the Perfect Mix can be hard to reproduce a week, day, or hour after you perfect it. And second, a good mix should be dynamic: levels, effects, and EQ should be tailored to each song or segment of the show, service, or presentation. This adds up to a lot of settings to remember and reset at every performance.
That's where the power of digital comes in: StudioLive lets you save all of your digital settings for quick setup and recall. Unlike some digital mixers, StudioLive makes it very quick and easy.
To further ease and speed your workflow, PreSonus has included a whole library of individual channel settings as starting points for optimizing the sound of instruments, vocals, and spoken word. These presets, as well as your custom settings, can be organized and browsed by category so you can quickly find your favorite vocal preset without scrolling through horn and guitar presets. An Automatic AutoStore feature regularly saves your current settings in case the power fails.