PreSonus StudioLive 18sAI Powered PA Subwoofer
The PreSonus StudioLive 18sAI Powered PA Subwoofer pumps out serious low end punch thanks to a powered 18-inch, ferrite driver that delivers low end accuracy usually found only in studio monitors! The StudioLive 18sAI’s Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP gives this sub studio-monitor accuracy and delivers wireless and wired control of all setup, tuning, and monitoring functions, using free SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad.
Although it is designed to complement the full-range Presonus StudioLive AI speakers, the StudioLive 18sAI active sub is flexible enough to work with other powered loudspeakers. An adjustable alignment delay allows the subwoofer to be placed in different positions relative to a full-range speaker system and correctly combine with them. When used with a StudioLive 312AI, 315AI, or 328AI, the StudioLive 18sAI forms a true four-way system.
PreSonus StudioLive 18sAI Powered PA Subwoofer Features
How low can you get?
- 18-inch transducer with 1,000 watt, Class D amplifier
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with variable crossover, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting
- Wireless networking with free SL Room Control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad enables complete setup, tuning, and monitoring
- Stereo line inputs (XLR-1/4 inch combo) and switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR)
- Alignment delay (switchable: 0, 2, or 4 feet) enables subwoofer to be placed in different positions relative to a full-range speaker system
- Integrated pole insert and interlocking stacking provisions
- Active Integration 32-bit, 96 kHz DSP with more processing power than three rack speaker processors Wireless or wired networking with SL Room
- Control for complete setup, tuning, and monitoring from anywhere in your venue. Network Setup Wizard automatically detects each speaker and allows you to quickly connect to your wireless router network
- Remote control over Maximum SPL/output level, high-pass filter, onboard operational modes, performance monitoring, mute, speaker delay, polarity, and variable crossover
- Variable low-pass filter
- Visually display room layout on a laptop or iPad
- Edit, save, recall, and share speaker-setup parameters
- Universal Switch mode power supply with power-factor correction
- Comfortable, ergonomic handles
- Ships with Ethernet connection for wired control; optional Dante card
With the PreSonus StudioLive 18sAI sub, you get those low frequencies with plenty of muscle, thanks to its 1,000 watt (bridged), Class D power amplifier. Connections are straightforward, with stereo line inputs (XLR-1/4-inch combo) and full-range, switchable stereo/summed-mono line outputs (XLR).
The lightweight plywood enclosure includes ergonomic side handles, an integrated pole insert, and interlocking stacking provisions for use with a full-range system such as those in the StudioLive AI series. Options include a mountable Sub Dolly and pull-tested Sub Pole to mount a full-range system atop the 18sAI.
The future is Active Integration
Active Integration incorporates communications, wireless networking, and huge amounts of DSP into a specialized, custom chip. Essentially, PreSonus has put a computer into the 18sAI sub, with enough processing power to handle not only the specialized algorithms for tuning the system to near-perfection but also providing extensive remote control over system performance, the variable low-pass filter, and much more.
As with the full-range StudioLive AI-series systems, the StudioLive 18sAI offers the benefits of Active Integration, including remote control, including wireless control, over output level, user-adjustable contours, and more and uses 32-bit floating point DSP for the variable crossover, dynamic limiting, and excursion limiting.
You’re in control—here, there, and everywhere
Every Active Integration product, including StudioLive AI-series speakers, includes both wired and wireless communications. The included USB Wi-Fi LAN adapter enables wireless networking. Wired communications are provided via an installed option card with an Ethercon port that connects to your Ethernet-based LAN network.
The master control center resides in SL Room Control, a rich, easy-to-use, system-configuration software application for Mac, Windows, and iPad that offers individual or group control of all StudioLive AI-series speakers on the network. SL Room Control gives you control over most onboard controls and lets you monitor key performance indicators.
With SL Room Control, you can full configure, tune, and monitor networked StudioLive AI PA speakers from anywhere in the venue. You can even visually display the room layout on a laptop or iPad!
The divine interface
Active Integration doesn’t stop at remote control. Swap out your StudioLive loudspeaker’s Ethercon control card for the StudioLive Dante upgrade, and you can ditch those analog cables.