Presonus Studio One Artist Music Production Software; incredibly easy to use yet provides a wealth of professional features!
Fresh code, innovative drag-and-drop MIDI mapping and plug-in management, auto-configuration with PreSonus hardware, insanely good audio quality, unlimited tracks and plug-ins per track, and a powerful, inventive Start page that literally puts the whole project right in your hands are just a few of the compelling features of Studio One.
Studio One Artist Features
Studio One Artist is not a dumbed-down, lite version of Studio One Pro. Rather, it’s just one version of the same creative recording and production platform—with unlimited track count and the same intuitive interface.
- Elegant single-window work environment
- Powerful drag-and-drop functionality
- Unlimited audio tracks, MIDI tracks, virtual instruments, buses, and FX channels
- Content browser with convenient sort options and preview player
- Automatic delay compensation
- Advanced automation
- 32-bit audio processing
- Easy-to-use sidechain routing
- Stunning virtual instruments
- User-friendly sampler
- Most intuitive MIDI-mapping system available
- Real-time audio timestretching and resampling
- K-System metering
- Compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or Core Audio-compliant audio interface
- Works with key commands from Pro Tools, Cubase, and Logic.
- Native Effects 32-bit effects library with 20 dynamics processors, reverbs, modulations effects, amp simulators, etc.
- Ampire - Amplifier-Modeling
- Auto Filter - Envelope Filter
- Beat Delay - Tempo-Synchronized Delay
- Binaural Pan - Stereo Panning Effect
- Channel Strip - Dynamics Processing and Equalizer
- Chorus - Mono/Stereo Chorus
- Compressor - Mono/Stereo Variable Compressor
- Flanger - Stereo/Mono Flanger
- Limiter - Mono/Stereo Limiter
- Mixtool - Phase and MS Utility
- MixVerb - Mono/Stereo Reverb
- Phase Meter phase-correlation analysis
- Phaser mono/stereo phaser
- Pro EQ 7-band parametric EQ
- Red Light Distortion distortion processor
- Room Reverb stereo/mono room reverb
- Spectrum Meter frequency analyzer
- Tricomp 3-band compressor
- Tuner instrument tuner
- X-Trem mono/stereo tremolo
- Four virtual instruments
- Impact Sample Trigger Drum Instrument with 32 drum kits by Ueberschall
- Presence Sample Player Virtual Instrument with 200 sampled instruments by Digital Sound Factory
- SampleOne Sampler Virtual Instrument
- Mojito Analog-Modeling Subtractive Synthesizer
- Native Instruments Kore Player with 150 instruments
- Native Instruments Guitar Rig LE
- Toontrack EZDrummer Lite
- Nearly 1,400 drum loops (1.4 GB!) by Bandmate Loops
New-Generation Audio Engine Under the Hood
Studio One employs a unique, state-of-the-art audio engine that delivers incredibly clear, accurate sound. Studio One Pro features a 64-bit floating-point version of this audio engine that automatically switches between 64- and 32-bit operation on the fly to accommodate 32-bit plug-ins. This means you always get the highest possible sound quality and blazing speed. Studio One Artist features the same audio engine but always operates in 32-bit mode.
Compatible and Easy to Configure
Studio One is compatible with any ASIO-, Windows Audio-, or CoreAudio-compliant audio interface, including, of course, the entire line of PreSonus interfaces.
Innovative Start Page
From the moment you connect your PreSonus hardware and launch Studio One, it’s evident that this is a new and better way to record music.
Easy to Navigate
One click lands you on the Song page, a single, straightforward workspace that allows you to track, edit, and mix in one easy-to-navigate window.
Cue Mix Built In
All PreSonus FireStudio-series audio interfaces include an internal software mixer that allows you to set up cue (monitor) mixes with zero latency. Manage these cue mixes from within Studio One, rather than using the external control panels normally required.
Mixdown Made Easy
The advantages of an integrated music-production system built from the ground up continue when it’s time to mix. Studio One’s Console is available in the Song page at all times, but it can be separated and even dragged to a second monitor.
Mastering (Studio One Pro)
Several DAWs offer integrated mastering capabilities to varying degrees. Without that capability, you need a separate mastering application. But no other DAW offers a truly integrated mastering suite comparable to the Project page in Studio One Pro.
But Wait, There’s Yet Even Still More…
It’s obvious that Studio One keeps you out of a maze of nested windows and dialog boxes. And if you’re an experienced engineer or producer, you can already appreciate the attention to workflow, which will help you more efficiently make a record. Here are a few more things to consider:
- Control Link MIDI Mapping With Focus
Studio One integrates with hardware controllers simply and easily. The usefulness of the coolest plug-in or instrument is, after all, greatly diminished if you can’t easily touch it with more than a mouse! We solved this problem once and for all.
- Native Plug-Ins and More
Even if you don’t own any plug-ins, we have you covered. If you do own plug-ins, you’ll want Studio One Pro, which supports the VST 2, VST 3, and AU plug-in formats, as well as ReWire.
- Comprehensive Undo
Creativity should never be hampered, especially by the threat of breaking something you have so carefully crafted. In addition to the usual Undo features—but with unlimited steps, until your computer system chokes—Studio One includes a Trash Bin that keeps all events and assets associated with a Song. This is a random access Undo, not a sequential one. Pause for a moment and ponder that.