- Manufacturer Info
- Also Purchased
- Video & Docs
Like the original TubePre, the Presonus TubePre Version 2 Microphone Preamp
is a fully professional tube preamp, with a dual-servo (no capacitors) gain stage that lets you boost the program signal to smoking hot levels without significantly increasing the background noise. Discrete components and high-voltage operation offer dynamic range and detail not found in other single-channel tube preamps in its class.
The TubePre V2 provides an even wider palette of sound options and a much more focused tube saturation than the original TubePre. It has been upgraded to employ PreSonus' popular XMAX Class A solid-state preamp, which is followed in the signal path by a 12AX7 vacuum-tube stage. Twist the TubePre V2 Drive saturation control to add the color that only a hand-selected 12AX7 vacuum tube can deliver, from gentle warmth to total fuzz.
Housed in a rugged case, the TubePre V2 rear panel sports separate unbalanced, 1/4 inch instrument and balanced, XLR mic inputs and unbalanced 1/4 inch and balanced XLR line outputs. We've included all of the extras you need for professional operation including a high-pass filter, phantom power for condenser mics, polarity reverse switch and a backlit VU meter.
Thanks to the V2's separate instrument and mic inputs, it also serves as a dynamite direct box (DI) for guitars and basses. It's small enough to carry almost anywhere, although you also can screw-mount it to a standard rack tray. The Presonus TubePre Version 2 Microphone is more than a mic preamp, and with PreSonus, big sound doesn’t have to cost big bucks.
Presonus TubePre Version 2 Microphone Preamp Features
- XMAX Class A preamp input stage
- 12AX7 dual-servo vacuum tube output stage
- Input Gain control
- 48V phantom power
- 80 Hz high-pass filter
- -20 dB pad
- Instrument input select
- Polarity-reverse switch
- Backlit VU meter
- Clip LED
- 1 unbalanced 1/4 inch instrument input
- 1 balanced XLR mic input
- 1 unbalanced 1/4 inch line output
- 1 balanced XLR line output
- Compact 1/3U rack-mount chassis
- External 12 VDC, 1A power supply
Presonus TubePre Version 2 Microphone Preamp Specifications
- Connector Type: XLR, female, balanced
- EIN: -131 dB, 20 kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40 Ohms, A-wtd -128 dB, 20 kHz BW, max gain, Rs=40 Ohms, unwtd
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, -0.3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain 5 Hz - 120 kHz, -3 dB, +4 dBu, unity gain
- THD+N: 0.01%, -10 dBu, 1 kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, unwtd
- Dynamic Range: 115 dB, 1 kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, A-wtd 107 dB, 1kHz, unity gain, 20 kHz BW, unwtd
- Input Impedance: 1.3 kOhms
- Phantom Power: +48 VDC, 10 mA
- Connector Type: 1/4 inch TS, female, unbalanced
- Input Impedance: 1 MOhms
- Analog Output:
- Connector Types: XLR, male, balanced 1/4 inch TS, female, unbalanced
- Maximum Output: +20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 51Ohms
- Tube Stage:
- Type: +12 VDC, 1A, center pin positive
- PSU Barrel Dimensions: .5 millimeter O.D., 2.1 millimeter I.D., 9.5 millimeter length
Minimum Item Quantity 1 is required to purchase.
Item Quantity exceeds the limit 0 . Questions? Feel free to Call or Chat.