Direct powerful and to the point, the QSC GP118SW Subwoofer radiates bass with its 18-inch woofer designed with sufficient extension for a powerful punch and with solid musical reproduction. Desinged for use in portable and installed sound applications, the GP118SW subwoofer is an ideal companion to QSC’s WideLine Series, ILA Series, AcousticPerformance Series and AcousticDesign Series loudspeakers.
QSC GP118SW Subwoofer Features
- Premium-grade, long excursion, high power 18-inch transducer
- with 4-inch voicecoil, dual layer spider and triple-roll surrounds
- Interlocking feet and recess features allow for rigid vertical stacking
- Built-in handles for ease of transport
- Threaded pole cup for deploying a full-range loudspeaker on top
- M10 fittings allows for suspension in permanent and portable applications
- Dual NL4 Speakon connectors
- 18mm Baltic birch plywood construction
- 16-Gauge powder coated steel grille
The GP118sw features an 18-inch transducer that incorporates a double layer spider and triple roll surround for extended and controlled excursion at extreme power. The 4 inch voice coil is wound on a fiberglass former to prevent deformation at high operating temperatures and is extensively vented to reduce power compression. An aluminum demodulating ring is employed to further reduce distortion.
The GP118sw is housed in an 18mm Baltic birch plywood enclosure and finished in an environmentally friendly, waterborne, polymer finish rugged enough for the demands of everyday use while also being field repairable. Internal bracing is employed to eliminate acoustic losses due to panel resonance while maintaining the enclosure’s robustness.
Further contributions to cabinet rigidity include vent walls constructed of the same plywood as the enclosure. Ample port area allows free movement of air resulting in minimal turbulence and port distortion. Finishing the enclosure’s aestheic design, the transducer is protected by a 16-gauge, powder coated steel grille.
The GP118sw includes built-in handles for ease of transport. For increased versatility, the subwoofer can be stacked vertically using their interlocking feet and recess features machined into the enclosure’s top panel. Moreover, the GP118sw can be reversed to facilitate cardioid array deployment.