The QSC GP218-sw Passive PA Subwoofer is a professional dual 18-inch sub capable of very high output capabilities for large venues, DJs, outdoor use, fixed installation and more! Designed for ground stacked use in touring or installed concert applications as well as suspension in permanent installation thanks to 16 threaded M10 inserts. With an impressive combination of punch, low-frequency extension and musical accuracy, the QSC GP218-sw matches perfectly with the QSC WideLine series as well as other pro sound reinforcement systems.
QSC GP218-sw Passive PA Subwoofer Features
- Very high acoustic output capability – 140.5 dB SPL(1m) peak
- Tight musical ‘punch’ combined with low-frequency extension down to 27.4 Hz
- Elegant transport and handling features including an optional transport dolly plus soft cover and four thoughtfully placed handles
- Premium-grade, long-excursion, high-power woofers with 4 inch, fiberglass voice coils, double layer spiders and triple-roll surrounds
- 18 mm Birch ply enclosure with independent, dual chambers and extensive internal bracing for rigidity and solid, accurate reproduction
- For suspension in permanent installations this sub has 16 threaded M10 inserts (4 per side)
- Stack them horizontally using interlocking feet and recess features machined into the top panel
The 18 inch woofers incorporate a double layer spider and triple roll surround for extended and controlled excursion at extreme power. The 4 inch voice coil is wound on a fiberglass former to prevent deformation at high operating temperatures and is extensively vented to reduce power compression. An aluminum demodulating ring is employed giving the GP218-sw low distortion.
The extremely musical yet powerful performance of this QSC subwoofer is the result of carefully balancing the transducer selection, cabinet volume and port tuning. The resulting system offers plenty of punch while maintaining ample extension so the musically important and satisfying fundamentals are solidly and accurately reproduced.
The enclosure of the GP218-sw passive sub is constructed of premium quality birch plywood finished in an environmentally friendly, waterborne, polymer finish that stands up to life on the road while also being field repairable. Extensive internal bracing is employed to eliminate acoustic losses due to panel resonance. Further contributions to cabinet rigidity come from vent walls constructed of the same plywood as the enclosure. Woofers are protected by a heavy-duty, 14 gauge, powder coated steel grill and housed in separate chambers to prevent failure of one driver from causing damage to the other.
Despite the extremely large amount of air moving in the ports, careful attention to detail has resulted in a system that is free of port distortion ‘chuffing’. Ample port area allows massive amounts of air to move freely with minimal turbulence and the ports are arranged so as to eliminate asymmetrical loading of the woofers, which can result in distortion and voice coil failure related to rocking-modes.
Like its ‘flyable’ brother, the WL218-sw, the GP218-sw subwoofer's sonic performance and output capacity are second to none. But for those who only need the exceptional sonic performance, without the need for expensive rigging and flying capability – the GP218-sw gives the exact same sonic impact, but for a more economical price tag.