The QSC K8 Powered PA Speaker is powered by a Pat Quilter designed 1000 watt QSC Class D power module. Extensive DSP processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy the system's size and weight. Plus the K8 is housed in a rugged ABS enclosure with a professional appearance that is at home in any application. ABS is a far more robust material than conventional speaker plastics and offers an additional measure of sonic clarity due to its internal rigidity. Ergonomic aluminum handles and a highly protective steel grille complete the package for ease of transport and long term durability. Purchase a K/KW Series Amplifier from AMS and Recieve QSC's
after registering your product at QSC.com
QSC K8 Powered PA Speaker Features
- Lightweight portable powered speakers with legendary QSC amplifier power and reliability
- 1000 watt Class D power module
- Extensive DSP enhances system performance
- Attractive and professional appearance
- Rugged ABS enclosures
- Tour-grade 18 gauge steel grilles
- Ergonomic handles with comfortable, non-slip grip
- 35 mm pole sockets with Tilt-Direct
The QSC K8 features balanced female XLR and 1/4 inch line/mic level input, balanced female XLR and 1/4 inch line level input, dual balanced male XLR full range line level out, balanced male XLR mix out, stereo RCA line level input, remote gain control and locking IEC power connector.
Preset Application Settings
On-board switches provide preset EQ settings. The HF setting can be set to VOCAL BOOST for additional presence in the critical mid frequency area or FLAT for accurate reproduction of the incoming signal. The LF switch can be set to NORM, DEEP for additional bass extension, or EXT SUB for use with an external subwoofer. The rear panel LED switch can be set to POWER, illuminating the front-mounted LED when the unit is powered on, OFF for applications where it is not desirable to illuminate the front LED, or LIMIT which indicates to the system operator that the clip limiter circuit has been engaged during operation.
- DMT (Directivity Matched Transition) provides for matched LF and HF coverage across the entire listening area, eliminating unnatural dead or hot frequency zones
- Intrinsic Correction, first featured in our high-end line-array products maps 65-75 spacially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field
- DEEP and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies
- GuardRail protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping
The QSC K8 features a unique Tilt-Direct pole cup mounting system. A simple turn of the dial engages a 7.5 degree downward tilt of the speaker allowing acoustic energy to be kept on the audience and off reflective surfaces for applications where maximum coverage from a high-positioned speaker is desired.