QSC PL380 PowerLight 3 Power Amplifier
Truly pro-grade features, sound and power in a compact, light and efficient design! The PL380 power amp from QSC’s PowerLight 3 Series provides impressive Class D power which makes it the perfect choice for almost any large touring or fixed installation system. The QSC DataPort ensures full compatibility with advanced digital processing and QSControl.net. 20 Hz–20 kHz audio performance and complete protection from normal hazards of the trade make this ideal for discerning sound engineers!
QSC PL380 PowerLight 3 Power Amp Features
- 4,000 watts per channel at 2-ohms and 8,000 watts bridge mono at 4-ohms
- Class D output circuit re-doubles the output power with even lower losses and minimal increase in average AC power, dramatically reducing power distribution demands compared to older high power amplifiers
- Power Light switch mode power supply for highest efficiency and audio performance
- Flow-thru air path and solid aluminum heat sinks for maximum cooling
- Two-rack space chassis is only 15.6 inches deep and 22 lbs
- DataPort supports remote computer control and/or external DSP-4 modules
- Detented gain controls with 1 dB steps for precise calibration
- Removable knobs with lock-out security plate to prevent unauthorized tampering
- User defeatable clip limiters and selectable low-frequency filter per channel (3 Hz, 30 Hz, or 50 Hz)
- Three selectable input gains (26 dB, 32 dB, or 1.2 V)
- Front and rear panel LEDs indicate status of switch settings at a glance
- Parallel Dataport, XLR/M and XLR/F connectors for simple loop-through connectivity
- Neutrik Speakon and ‘Touch Proof’ binding post outputs
- Neutrik Powercon power cable remains secure on the road
In addition to higher power, the PowerLight 3 Series offers higher input voltage, selectable sensitivity, and easily adjusted rear panel switches with color coded LED indicators. The PL380 offers high power, excellent value, and zero signal latency. When complete integration of amplifier control, monitoring and DSP is desired, the PowerLight 3 Series is fully compatible with the QSControl.net BASIS networked audio platform, with its comprehensive drag and drop DSP functionality.
The flagship of the PowerLight 3 Series is the 8000 watt PL380. This highly refined, all-switchmode amp incorporates nearly 40 years of QSC engineering experience, resetting expectations for Class D audio quality. The PL380 combines a pair of 4000 watt Class D amplifier channels with the well proven PowerLight supply, to deliver more than twice as much audio power as previous 2 rack unit PowerLight amplifiers.
Years of patient development have resulted in outstanding 20 Hz–20 kHz audio performance, plus complete protection from normal hazards of the trade. Even simple features such as dependably silent, surge-free on-off switching indicate the special care taken to keep things safely under control. The most pronounced sonic signature of the PL380 is one of immense headroom, sailing through even the most difficult loads with no signs of stress or change of tonality.